mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to assemble Voices chains on Motif Rack ES"

Posted on: February 02, 2014 @ 01:09 PM
Marcozumpano
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-01-2014

Hi,
during live sessions I need to quickly switch between voices.
Is there any way to put “voices” (or “performances” ) in sequences (function that on other devices is usually called “chains")?

Thanks
Marco

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2014 @ 09:06 AM
Derek Cook
Total Posts:  249
Joined  12-31-2005

Hi,

Can you setup your controller keyboard to send out patch changes when you select a new program on the keyboard. That’s what I do on my Yamaha EX5 (my main controller) in its Performance Mode. For each part you can set bank select and patch change commands that are automatically sent out when the performance is selected.

So I have my EX5 in performance mode to send out multi mode commands to my Motif ES Rack.

The problem with voice chains, is you can only evergo in the linear sequence you programmed, which is a bummner, when somebody asks you to repeat the seventh song in the first set at the end of the second set!

So having the specific patch changes programmed in your controller keybard is a much better option if you can do it.

I actually go a little further in that I have a Roland FC300 MIDI controller, so I can change patches whilst playing with both hands!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2014 @ 04:52 PM
Marcozumpano
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-01-2014

Hi Derek, thanks for your reply.

The reason that I am looking for a “voice chain” function within the Motif ES is that I wish to be not locked to other devices. I mean, I can go in several different rehearsal rooms and I don’t have to carry with me any other devices except my sound generator. I can plug any kind of master keyboard (also the most simple that sometimes I find in place), recall my chains (conceptually intended as songs) and play.

If it’s not possible, maybe the foot controller solution can be a good half-way idea. Do you know if the Behringer FCB1010 can be comparable with the Roland FC300 (the price is cheaper and I don’t need ultra-professional functions)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2014 @ 10:59 AM
Derek Cook
Total Posts:  249
Joined  12-31-2005

Hi,

I understand why you want chains in that context. :-)

I can’t comment too much on the Behringer. When I purchased the FC300 I needed a MIDI foot controller in a hurry. I looked at Roland, Yamaha and Behrigner equivalent products, but from the online PDF documentation, it was only the Roland that I could purchase with confidence as meeting my specific needs - maybe the others could do it as well, but the documentation was not as good as Rolands in terms of being clear (probably a first for Roland!). That was in 2008, and I have never regretted that purchase.

[ Ignore ]