mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Use of Midi files prepared for other Yamaha keyboards"

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 11:33 AM
partyband
Total Posts:  39
Joined  01-02-2014

Hallo everybody,

I have a quick question.  I managed to import and use GM files in the MOXF8. However, this sometimes needs some time and work.

Since many web site offer midi files ready for other Yamaha keyboards (PSR, Tyros and so on) I wonder if there is any that could be uploaded and could be compatible with the MOXF without major changes.

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 07:34 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Since many web site offer midi files ready for other Yamaha keyboards (PSR, Tyros and so on) I wonder if there is any that could be uploaded and could be compatible with the MOXF without major changes.

You can play any properly prepared GM file straight away without any major changes if you don’t want to take advantage of any of the powerful features and effects unique to the MOXF.

If you don’t want to put any work (why did you get a MOXF) simply get any GM module. However if you want to improve the sound of the GM file, then you can… Using the expanded features and soundset.

I never understand this type of question. There are so many simpler and less expensive device to just playback GM. I could understand if you want to improve the sound and make it your own.

But if all you want to do is play back the data as is, you certainly can!

A properly prepared GM will simply do the right thing without you having to do anything but push PLAY
An improperly prepared GM file you will need to send the GM RESET by doing the following:
Press [SONG] or [PATTERN]
Press [MIXING]
Press [F1] INIT
Select GM
Execute.

Then play your file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2014 @ 05:42 AM
partyband
Total Posts:  39
Joined  01-02-2014

You can play any properly prepared GM file straight away without any major changes if you don’t want to take advantage of any of the powerful features and effects unique to the MOXF.

Sorry.... I was clear maybe.
I can work with GM midi files in MOXF, and would modify them as needed.  Such GM midi files I can find for free on the web.
This is not the issue.

There are many professional MIDI files prepared for Yamaha keyboards that can be purchased, for example from Yamaha musicsoft.

These are really good but they are sold in special formats for PSR, DGX, or Tyros and so on.

Could any of such formats be loaded in the MOXF?

By the way, why GM files? We play 90% live music without MIDI.
But we need sometimes to put together music on request in a short time (e.g. Abba or country) and for one time only.
Now, practicing 10 songs in a few days only for one party is not worth, so the prepared GM files would do. We turn drums and a couple of instruments off to give a live sounding, and the rest of the file will guide us while we sing.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF vs Motif XS
Next Topic:

Program Change from Performance ››