mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to convert midi files into raps for instruments and/or drums?"

Posted on: January 26, 2014 @ 01:19 AM
perkdaddy
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-21-2013

How do you make your own arpeggios for drums or say keyboards.  It seems to me that a drum arpeggio is slightly different from an instrument arp in that it’s just a mid file playing back. I’d like to have just a midi file play back when I push the arp buttons when it’s say a fender rhodes.  Is that possible?  Can I just import a midi file and convert it into an arp and then save that converted arp (that was a midi file) with say a fender rhodes patch.  now when I press down the key on the fender rhodes and the arp is on, I get the same note of my midi file just “transposable!” Hit me back Mister Bad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2014 @ 05:12 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

How do you make your own arpeggios for drums or say keyboards.  It seems to me that a drum arpeggio is slightly different from an instrument arp in that it’s just a mid file playing back. I’d like to have just a midi file play back when I push the arp buttons when it’s say a fender rhodes.  Is that possible?  Can I just import a midi file and convert it into an arp and then save that converted arp (that was a midi file) with say a fender rhodes patch.  now when I press down the key on the fender rhodes and the arp is on, I get the same note of my midi file just “transposable!” Hit me back Mister Bad

It may “seem” like a drum arp is just a MIDI file playing back because it is converted using the FIXED NOTE Convert Type. But it differs from a MIDI file in that it must meet the requirements of the Arpeggio.

Arpeggios Explored Part 1

[ Ignore ]