mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "initializing Banks"

Posted on: January 18, 2014 @ 01:40 PM
wgwmoxf8
Total Posts:  6
Joined  01-18-2014

New kid here.  Got my MOXF8 a week ago.  Have been going through the manual step-by-step at the board it it is really helping with the learning curve.  It’s a bit more advanced than my previous board, a Yamaha S80. 

I’m just a bit OCD and want to initialize all the user banks.  I’ve noticed that the voices in the user banks are just duplicates of some of the PRE voices.  Seems redundant.  Especially when you do a category search and you run across duplicates of the three USR banks (basically 384 duplicate voices).  I know how to initialize individual voices and save them, but is there a way to initialize an entire bank?  I loaded the Yamaha editor software and driver (which, by the way, works on XP even though Yamaha’s site shows Windows 7 or 8 requirements) and I don’t see a way to do a bulk bank initialize via the software.  Anyone know of a shortcut?  If not, I’ll just copy my first initialized voice to all the other user banks one at a time, then do a backup of my initialized USR banks.

Also, I imported the factory voice list data from the data list document (Bank, Number, Name, Category, and Element) into an excel spreadsheet.  Makes it nice to be able to sort by name, bank, or whatever.  I tried to attach it but it’s not letting me. 

Thanks!

WGW

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2014 @ 02:11 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
wgwmoxf8 - 18 January 2014 01:40 PM

New kid here.  Got my MOXF8 a week ago.  Have been going through the manual step-by-step at the board it it is really helping with the learning curve.  It’s a bit more advanced than my previous board, a Yamaha S80. 

I’m just a bit OCD and want to initialize all the user banks.  I’ve noticed that the voices in the user banks are just duplicates of some of the PRE voices.  Seems redundant.  Especially when you do a category search and you run across duplicates of the three USR banks (basically 384 duplicate voices).  I know how to initialize individual voices and save them, but is there a way to initialize an entire bank?  I loaded the Yamaha editor software and driver (which, by the way, works on XP even though Yamaha’s site shows Windows 7 or 8 requirements) and I don’t see a way to do a bulk bank initialize via the software.  Anyone know of a shortcut?  If not, I’ll just copy my first initialized voice to all the other user banks one at a time, then do a backup of my initialized USR banks.

Also, I imported the factory voice list data from the data list document (Bank, Number, Name, Category, and Element) into an excel spreadsheet.  Makes it nice to be able to sort by name, bank, or whatever.  I tried to attach it but it’s not letting me. 

Thanks!

WGW

You can take a look at This Thread in the XF Forum.  I am not sure whether 5pinDIN‘s work will function with the MOXF, but he will probably assist in determining that.

It appears that the file referenced in the thread was produced as an XS file, but could perhaps be converted to function in XF-->MOXF compatible format.  5pinDIN?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2014 @ 02:28 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 18 January 2014 02:11 PM

You can take a look at This Thread in the XF Forum.  I am not sure whether 5pinDIN‘s work will function with the MOXF, but he will probably assist in determining that.

Thanks cmayhle. Since my file in that thread is an X0A, it won’t work with the MOXF. However, I’ve made All User Initialized.X3A which itself has Initialized User Banks, and using Type 1BankVoice it should be possible to load Initialized Voice Banks from it to a MOXF. Type 1BankPerform should work for Performance Banks, if desired. Loaded as an ALL file, it should Initialize all User Voice and Performance Banks.

Warning: If you decide to use this file, please be careful! Be sure to back up your own User data first (save an ALL file), because All User Initialized.X3A will wipe your data from the MOXF.

A ZIP of the file is attached.

File Attachments
All User Initialized.zip  (File Size: 10KB - Downloads: 399)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2014 @ 06:47 PM
Joshman
Total Posts:  208
Joined  10-28-2013

I did a factory restore and all is good :)
Many Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF8 and FILE X0A
Next Topic:

How 2 sync MOXF6 with Ableton Live? ››