mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Program Change from Performance"

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 01:21 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

How do you setup a Performance to send a Program Change to an external module/Software Instrument?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 01:26 PM
rforman61@msn.com
Total Posts:  31
Joined  01-08-2014

You do that in a Master, not in a Performance.  A Master has either a Voice or a Performance associated with it, but in addition to that, it has its own four Zones each of which can be assigned its own Midi channel and programmed with program change messages to transmit over that channel.  You want to start investigating Master mode if you haven’t yet, it is at the heart of using your MOX as a master controller for external instruments over MIDI.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 01:38 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

C**P!

Even a Korg M1/M3/Krome can change Programs from its Combi Mode!

Regardless, I love my Yamaha and will have to just deal with that one “limitation”.

Thanks!

Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 01:45 PM
rforman61@msn.com
Total Posts:  31
Joined  01-08-2014

It’s not a limitation, it’s a different architecture and you have to learn your way around the architecture of your new instrument in order to be able to exploit its functionality.  You may find (I did over the last week or so) that once you become acquainted and comfortable with the Master mode, it is actually more robust and flexible than that of the many workstation keyboards I’ve worked with before.  Bit of a learning curve but it pays off in spades.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 03:07 PM
miden
Total Posts:  618
Joined  09-22-2005
rforman61@msn.com - 24 January 2014 01:45 PM

It’s not a limitation, it’s a different architecture and you have to learn your way around the architecture of your new instrument in order to be able to exploit its functionality.  You may find (I did over the last week or so) that once you become acquainted and comfortable with the Master mode, it is actually more robust and flexible than that of the many workstation keyboards I’ve worked with before.  Bit of a learning curve but it pays off in spades.

I agree, however the 128 limit on available slots can be a bit restricting, especially as the methodology to load from the USB is rather awkward. Not to mention that in MIDI only being able to remotely select a master via a sysex message and not via bank/patch as is the case with Perfomances.

Still master mode is pretty good.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Use of Midi files prepared for other Yamaha keyboards
Next Topic:

New piano for Motif! ››