mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX F8:  Where are all the drum beats?"

Posted on: January 23, 2014 @ 01:32 PM
Benbop
Total Posts:  13
Joined  01-22-2014

Bear with me while I trudge up the learning curve. Proud new parent of the MOX F8, but it’s more like a surly teen-ager than a cute baby.  I see on the data list that there are literally hundreds of Arps available, but where are they located??  When I hit “drum assign” in a new performance, the standard-issue kits come up (Power Standard, Modern Rock, etc.)but how do I get to the sub-menus, IE Bossa Nova or Samba?
I know they’re in there, but how do you access them?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2014 @ 09:25 PM
Jas65
Total Posts:  65
Joined  12-28-2013

There are non premade rhytmpatters, mox consist of several drumkits which all are triggered by different arpeggios that can create a wide spectre of different rhytms if not created manually and saved as phrases either in song or pattern mode,this is the biggest diff betveen a keyboard/synth that have premade rp and the mox.

They way mox is different is that it gives moore space for constructing a varity for different rhytms,when you learn how it works you gone be able to construct complex or simple phrases.

and yes,...it takes some time to learn but if you take your time to study the both manuals combined watching the mox video and read/ask here it gone come clear.

Br
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2014 @ 11:59 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

The drum ‘beats’ as opposed to ‘kits’ , which I think are what you are referring to, are the gazillion and one ‘arpeggios’ that can drive the kits. Arps can be applied to individual voices, one or more parts in a performance, or tracks in a pattern or song. Surf the performances and when you hear a drum beat, that is an arpeggio driven beat. You can change and audition new arps by pressing the arp button at the bottom of the screen.

Hope this gets you heading in the right direction!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 08:32 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When I hit “drum assign” in a new performance, the standard-issue kits come up (Power Standard, Modern Rock, etc.)but how do I get to the sub-menus, IE Bossa Nova or Samba?
I know they’re in there, but how do you access them?

Press the dedicated [ARP EDIT] button
Press [SF2] TYPE
Here you can select ARPs by CATEGORY and SubCATEGORY

Please read (and study) the QUICK GUIDES portion of the Owner’s Manual for basic navigation - PAGE 31 “Changing the Arpeggio Type Assignment”

It’s page 31 you have to at least get that far before you quit reading :-)

[ Ignore ]