mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF 6 & Cubase 6.5"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: January 22, 2014 @ 01:27 PM
mick_n
Total Posts:  71
Joined  01-06-2003

Thanks again Hank. I wonder if you could check on your Cubase artist version (with the MOX connected) and see wether you have the “Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Extension” listed in the Cubase devices menu?

If it “is” listed in your Cubase artist 7 version, then i think it is fair to assume that the remote tools is not fully compatible with my Cubase 6.5.

I raised a support request with steinberg but i will most likely be old & grey before they respond.

Thank you again.

Image Attachments
Extension file.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2014 @ 06:12 AM
mick_n
Total Posts:  71
Joined  01-06-2003

I discovered that the MOXF remote tools is not compatible with Cubase 6x series.

I downloaded from Yamaha the remote tools for the older MOX & installed it......in cubase the remote extension in devices is loaded & working. Allthough, in the remote editor standalone (which displays Cubsae 6 as the DAW selection) the midi port displays a “Not assigned” error. This is to be expected as this version is intended for the older MOX & not the newer MOXF.

At least i know now that, to achieve full integration with the MOXF within Cubase, i will need to upgrade my Cubase 6.5 to version 7.

Very happy to discover this as my hair will now have some time to re-grow. ;)

Many thanks to all for the suggestions\ help etc. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Behaviour of AF1/AF2 buttons
Next Topic:

Connecting iPad 4th Generation to MOXF ››