mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Another wasted night!!!"

Posted on: January 15, 2014 @ 07:45 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Guys,

I promise I will Sequence one of my songs eventually , but I ain’t got time right now to deal with all the previously stated problems going on at this point (keyboard clicks, tempo mysteriously changing, etc), so I’m going back to the basic way I’m comfortable with at this point

Please note that I know all the problems are from my end and I love all of you for being so patient and understanding with me.

At this point all I want to do is record the AUDIO from my MOXF8.

I’m going to use a Performance that has Drums, with ARP on Part/Voice one and a Bass Guitar, with no ARP on Part/Voice two.

I’m going to arm Track 1 & 2 on LPX, hit Record, wait two measures and play/record my Bass Guitar lines at the same time my Drums (with an ARP) are being recorded.

I’m not worried about Syncing, I’m not worried about MIDI, I’m just going to get my Rhythm Section down, nothing more, nothing less.

So here’s the problem.

I’ve changed so many settings on the MOXF in hopes of Sequencing that I don’t know what they should be to just do the simple task above.

I know how to set my my DAW to sync/send to Port One of my MOXF, but I’m guessing that for what I’m trying to accomplish at this point that it’s not necessary to sync them.

PLEASE walk me through the steps/settings (on the MOXF) where I can record just my two tiny parts in the above manner to my DAW.

And if I have to change anything that you can think of on LPX, walk me through that as well.

My mind is so frazzled/frustrated right now that someone might have told me how to do so in the past, so I apologize if any of you have told me.

Thanks in advance!

Jerry

PS

I did write another original song tonight :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2014 @ 10:21 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hey Jerry,

Don’t be so hard on yourself, These are complicated processes and they take time. 

I’m confident you will get there but you’ve got to go a bit easier on yourself. I guarantee that your night was not wasted, ok you didn’t get to achieve your main goal, but I bet many things have been consolidated in your mind now.

Look at the progress you made in the last 24 hours and you got a handle on sync settings in Logic, too.

Do you notice how your posts have moved from “I WANT to do X” to “I KNOW how to do X”

What I advise you to do first is do a factory reset on your MOXF, back up anything valuable first, of course.

That way anyone who helps you will not be guessing which setting has changed and nor will you!

How about that for a place to start?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 05:38 AM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Hello my buddy!

Thanks for the kind words,

I’ll do that tonight and talk to you after I do so.

Thanks again!

Jerry

PS

If I didn’t know better, I’d have to conclude that the MOXF does not like to interface with a MBP and LPX :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voice level Sequencing question
Next Topic:

Next level Pattern Sequence question ››