mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to know what preset has been used to play a recorded song?"

Posted on: January 14, 2014 @ 07:21 PM
mox6fmao
Total Posts:  5
Joined  12-10-2013

Hi all, I’m a new user of Moxf6.
My simple question is:
I’ve recorded a song using a factory preset with “ARP ON”. I’ve saved the song on usb flash memory.
When I load this song from the usb flash memory I would like to know what preset has been used to play the recorded song, that I’ve forgot. Where I can get this information on the display? What is the right way to find it?
Thanks in advance
MAO

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2014 @ 10:32 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the Forum!

How to know what preset has been used to play a recorded song?

Write it down.

Similar sad story: I recorded a song back in 2013 ...did I record the vocals with a Shure microphone or an ElectroVoice microphone? If I cannot tell by listening or from my session notes, there is no way to tell.

If you can’t remember, next time remember to write it down!!!
Did you change the tempo… That’s one clue… Each Performance (we assume that’s what mean when you say “factory preset” even though Performances are NOT Preset) is stored at a specific Tempo.

They are also listed in CATEGORY SEARCH by genre… Look for the genre, then match the tempo, and finally the Voice selection.

But next time write it down. No one will have sympathy for you if you just flat forget! Otherwise, the Performance used leaves no direct values to what you used, just as the microphone in my example leaves no clues.
:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2014 @ 05:22 AM
mox6fmao
Joined  12-10-2013

That’s right! I agree with you, but when I bought MoxF6 the first impact hss been to play ...esplore it. So i’ve tried the simply way to record a song by the sequencer.I choose a performance and I have improvised and recorded a song ( really 4 songs )I didn’t think that any data about performance (factory or in the future create by myself) weren’t memorized in anyway in order to recall for example in the future to create another song. By the way I’ve searched with tempo and for a song I’ve found the performance that I’ve used: ARIANES NIGHTWALK USR1:096 (F16) Category Fx (SEQ).
In my humble opinion It was a good idea keep that kind of information inside the data song.

Cheers and thanks a lot for your support

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2014 @ 07:33 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
mox6fmao - 15 January 2014 05:22 AM

[...] By the way I’ve searched with tempo and for a song I’ve found the performance that I’ve used: ARIANES NIGHTWALK USR1:096 (F16) Category Fx (SEQ).
In my humble opinion It was a good idea keep that kind of information inside the data song.

I hope this isn’t too obvious, but why not include (for Performance USR1:096 (F16), as an example) “PU1F16” as part of the name you give your Song?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2014 @ 09:36 AM
Daddio.007
Total Posts:  21
Joined  01-08-2014

Or maybe save as a favorite? That’s how I am accessing all the custom performances I’ve created for now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2014 @ 09:58 AM
mox6fmao
Joined  12-10-2013

Yes,each alternative solution is wellcome, but the immediacy of operational recall from a song all the parameters setup, a certain preset “Performance” would be more effective in live situations

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ I Need Help
Next Topic:

Is this possible without sequencing? ››