mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading XS Voice(s) into MoXF"

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 06:10 PM
tcamp
Total Posts:  40
Joined  07-10-2006

I am looking for some guidance.  I have recently purchased a MoXF8 and with first impressions think this piece of gear hits it out of the park.  I also own an XS8 and a MO6.  I got the MoXF8 for it’s improved mobility (slightly smaller footprint vs XS8 and 1/2 the weight) for gigging.  I’ll continue to use the XS8 for home studio. From what I’ve read and experienced thus far, I understand it is not possible to load XS voice banks or individual voices into the MoXF8.  Wanted to confirm this is the case.  I do have John Melas tools for both the XS and MoXF, does this give me the option to move voices between the XS and the MoXF? Any other viable options? Thanks for any insight/assistance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 06:42 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
tcamp - 10 January 2014 06:10 PM

I am looking for some guidance.  I have recently purchased a MoXF8 and with first impressions think this piece of gear hits it out of the park.  I also own an XS8 and a MO6.  I got the MoXF8 for it’s improved mobility (slightly smaller footprint vs XS8 and 1/2 the weight) for gigging.  I’ll continue to use the XS8 for home studio. From what I’ve read and experienced thus far, I understand it is not possible to load XS voice banks or individual voices into the MoXF8.  Wanted to confirm this is the case.  I do have John Melas tools for both the XS and MoXF, does this give me the option to move voices between the XS and the MoXF? Any other viable options? Thanks for any insight/assistance.

I think with the Melas software you should be able to get from point A to point C.  I am not sure if John has yet developed the MOXF version to open XS stuff and save directly in MOXF format, but you can certainly open XS stuff and save in XF format...which can then be LOADED into your new machine.

EDIT:  I just noticed i misread, and you have the XS version of Melas and not the XF, so sorry, I guess my suggestion will not be valid!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2014 @ 06:07 PM
tcamp
Total Posts:  40
Joined  07-10-2006

Did some more experimenting today.  John Melas MoXF tools can import XS voice bank files so looks like I’m all set:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2014 @ 06:20 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
tcamp - 11 January 2014 06:07 PM

Did some more experimenting today.  John Melas MoXF tools can import XS voice bank files so looks like I’m all set:-)

So there you go, sounds good!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2014 @ 10:30 AM
BobosCurse
Total Posts:  81
Joined  12-31-2013

Is there any way to do it without purchasing software?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2014 @ 12:16 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
BobosCurse - 12 January 2014 10:30 AM

Is there any way to do it without purchasing software?

Possibly by using the Melas MOXF Demo and the procedure in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewthread/469977/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2014 @ 12:18 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Otherwise, a cooperative XF owner could load the XS Voices and save a .X3A or .X3V file for you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2014 @ 05:42 AM
fnonaka
Total Posts:  15
Joined  06-13-2010

So, if I have voice banks or samples in XS format, I can’t use it direct it into MOXF? Do I need to convert to MOXF format? I tought it was the same format! OMG! And what about Motif XF? Do I have to convert XS files to XF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2014 @ 06:01 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
fnonaka - 13 January 2014 05:42 AM

So, if I have voice banks or samples in XS format, I can’t use it direct it into MOXF? Do I need to convert to MOXF format? I tought it was the same format! OMG! And what about Motif XF? Do I have to convert XS files to XF?

XS data is not directly compatible with the MOXF. XF data is compatible, with some limitations. See page 157 of the MOXF Reference Manual for Data Compatibility detailed information.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Controlling MOX Board with MOXF Board
Next Topic:

Deleting waveforms ››