mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Audio in muted when changing sounds?"

Posted on: January 08, 2014 @ 01:21 PM
arweiler
Total Posts:  27
Joined  08-27-2003

Hi, if i’m buying a MOXF, i want to use the Audio In for looping-in another keyboard and want to know whether there is a mute phase while changing performances on the MOXF? Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2014 @ 01:31 PM
jshep0102
Total Posts:  290
Joined  11-16-2012

Between Performances, yes there’s a gap switching between them. I don’t know if that affects the input or not. Performances entered into Pattern or Song Mixing mode don’t suffer that. 16 sounds, as many as 4 Performances can be put into these modes per.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2014 @ 01:49 PM
arweiler
Joined  08-27-2003

Thanks, can someone please test if the external audio is muted too?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2014 @ 02:29 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The AUDIO INPUT is an A/D Input not an Aux In… The difference being the A/D Input is processed through an analog-to-digital stage where it can be processed and programmed by the internal synth engine… Even routed as a modifier source for the Vocoder.

In each Performance, Song and Pattern the AD INPUT can be individually programmed and saved with that Program. It can use the System Reverb and chorus processors, and can be assigned its own dual Insertion Effects, on a per program basis. In Voice mode the one setup is global for all of Voice mode.

A simple AUX IN is what you want, that’s an input that let’s you route an external device through the device without any pesky processing or useful A-to-D conversion. This way the audio simply passes through the device merged with the same outputs as the device… And will not be interrupted by the operations of the host.

That is not what you get with the MOXF. So if you are worried about signal being interrupted, oh yes, it is interrupted when you move from program to program - the Good News trade off is you get to program what that input does in each of your internal Setups.

The input was provided mainly for use within the MOXF, not just a poor man’s mixer…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2014 @ 02:29 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
arweiler - 09 January 2014 01:49 PM

Thanks, can someone please test if the external audio is muted too?

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470154

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 03:28 AM
arweiler
Joined  08-27-2003

OK, i feared that nothing has been changed since my old CS6x.
I know the difference between an Aux Input and an A/D Input but a “poor man’s” mixing function comes in so handy for a quick setup with two boards and active speakers. On the Kronos (i know, i know...) you can send the input directly to the outputs or through the effects on a global or combi(performance) or program(voice) basis. If you are switching between two setups that don’t require an effect there is no muting at all and if the effect has to be changed there is a nearly inaudible millisecond-glitch....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 03:32 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

So you have a solution.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 03:49 AM
arweiler
Joined  08-27-2003

No, i need the Kronos input for inserting an external effect.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 05:27 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Buy yourself a mixer… you’ve earned it! That is what they are designed for. Today mixers come in all kinds from small format analog boards with pro specs to small format digitals that allow customization and work with you in a MIDI keyboard setup. Why suffer with ‘workarounds’? - the most asked question in the keyboard departments by folks in your situation: “Do I need a mixer?” - If you even formulate the question, most likely, you do. Get one that not only solves your problems but enhances your setup. You deserve it!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 09:42 AM
arweiler
Joined  08-27-2003

Thank you, but i’m already using a mixer. I’m working with different kind of setups and just wanted to know what’s possible.

[ Ignore ]