mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Performance Q"

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 05:48 AM
cajo
Total Posts:  37
Joined  11-07-2013

I have created a performance by the book (I think). I have a major issue that I have been unable to address. I have the following:
- Part 1 is a piano
- Part 2 is a guitar (arpeggio)
- Part 3 is a bass (arpeggio)
- Part 4 is a drum kit
For all parts that have arpeggios applied they are set to hold and they do hold. However the bass part stops holding as soon as I start playing the piano (piano and guitar are in split mode, piano being allocated the upper section of the keyboard and the guitar the lower section.
I have tried everything but I am not having any luck.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 09:45 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The answer: ARPEGGIO NOTE LIMITS.
There are two split parameters you need to concern yourself with…

See my answer in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469544

The PART NOTE LIMIT parameter is the one that determines which notes will sound when triggered.
Press [EDIT]
Press the PART number [1]-[4] to select a Part
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF3] LIMIT
This is how you split the keyboard

The ARP NOTE LIMIT parameter is the one the triggers and/or controls the arpeggiator assigned to the Part.
Press [ARP EDIT]
Press [F4] LIMIT
Here you can set the Note Limit region that controls the arp.

In your case you only want the left hand region to influence the Bass with information. It is possible to start the arpeggiators at different times for different Parts. Say you want to start with just the piano, Rubato, you can setup a single trigger note to start the drum pattern (since drum phrases only need a start command you could place it so that maybe only striking that one key starts the drums.

You definitely want to region the control of the bass to a small region in the lower end of the keyboard.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2014 @ 03:38 AM
cajo
Total Posts:  37
Joined  11-07-2013

Thank you Bad Mister and I am really sorry for not being able to find your answer to this question in old posts. Perhaps, I was using wrong keywords. When somebody who is not a native English speaker formulates a search query, the results can be quite “interesting”.  Your help is appreciated and as always the problem is solved.
I must point out that I did try your solution before I asked the question but I was using the data wheel to change the not limits. This did not work for me. Only a few minutes ago I worked out from the manual that the shift button and a key on the keyboard need to be used to set the limits.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2014 @ 05:46 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I must point out that I did try your solution before I asked the question but I was using the data wheel to change the not limits. This did not work for me. Only a few minutes ago I worked out from the manual that the shift button and a key on the keyboard need to be used to set the limit

You can use any method of your choosing to set the Note Limit parameters, you can use [SHIFT] + the KEY, you can use the DATA WHEEL, you can use the cursor and the [INC]/[DEC] buttons! it makes no difference what you use… So now you have a new mystery!?!

[ Ignore ]