mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What’s the best way for an old dog to learn this instrument?"

Posted on: December 31, 2013 @ 07:57 PM
BobosCurse
Total Posts:  81
Joined  12-31-2013

Hi, everyone.  I’ve been working in software for so long, the last gigging board I bought was an Alesis Quadrasynth.  Yeah.

After plenty of research I decided on the MOXF8.  I’m excited, it will arrive Friday.

But I’ve been trying to find tutorial materials.  I figured in this day everything would be video.  But I can’t find any.  I’ve looked at the manual, and this is definitely the most complicated synth I’ve ever owned.  I can’t even find instructions for updating the firmware or loading sounds to flash.

I’m having flashbacks to the horrible documentation that came with my DX7.  I hope it’s gotten better?

Best source for learning this instrument?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2014 @ 03:41 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m having flashbacks to the horrible documentation that came with my DX7.  I hope it’s gotten better?

Funny, I thought the DX7 manual was awesome… go figure? Got me started in all of this… Hmmm…

Motifator.com

If reading manuals is not your thing, and video is what you can understand than we recommend the MOX DVD - it applies 100% to the operations of the MOXF, as well. Discoverting the Yamaha MOX DVD

For the main feature difference (the FLASH BOARD) you can see the article in the SUPPORT section here on Motifator:

SUPPORT: MOXF Articles

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2014 @ 02:47 PM
Jas65
Total Posts:  65
Joined  12-28-2013
BobosCurse - 31 December 2013 07:57 PM

Hi, everyone.  I’ve been working in software for so long, the last gigging board I bought was an Alesis Quadrasynth.  Yeah.

After plenty of research I decided on the MOXF8.  I’m excited, it will arrive Friday.

But I’ve been trying to find tutorial materials.  I figured in this day everything would be video.  But I can’t find any.  I’ve looked at the manual, and this is definitely the most complicated synth I’ve ever owned.  I can’t even find instructions for updating the firmware or loading sounds to flash.

I can fully agree with you, this is a complicated machine....but I think in time step by step it gone come clear, had the same problem but slowly began to understand the texture of the menus and how to, the Dvd referred above seems like a good starting point, combine with learn by doing it should come clear at some point, myself added it to the cart but when the postage was more than the disc I printed out the reference manual which is very good for searching up answers to issues along the way, however I can understand the feeling that you want to be able to produce with all the advanced features right away but unfortunately that is not the case with this one as it is a highly advanced music production synth which takes time to learn.

Cheers
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 06:19 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Just to point out, all videos are available as downloads as well as DVDs so if shipping is prohibitively expensive then go to http://www.keyfax.com and get the download. The material is identical, you only won’t have a menu and/or be able to view on a DVD player. Not sure where you live in the world but you should be able to use US Mail which may be a little slow but should certainly cost less than $30 no matter where you live. If you’re stuck and want to get going fast it might also be worth thinking about how much your time costs and then hopefully even the shipping may not seem such a bad deal! Should point out that shipping is not in our direct control. We use UPS and USPS modules so they ‘are what they are,’ I’m afraid. I’d recommend the download, personally.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 04:20 PM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013
MrMotif - 03 January 2014 06:19 AM

Just to point out, all videos are available as downloads as well as DVDs so if shipping is prohibitively expensive then go to http://www.keyfax.com and get the download. The material is identical, you only won’t have a menu and/or be able to view on a DVD player. Not sure where you live in the world but you should be able to use US Mail which may be a little slow but should certainly cost less than $30 no matter where you live. If you’re stuck and want to get going fast it might also be worth thinking about how much your time costs and then hopefully even the shipping may not seem such a bad deal! Should point out that shipping is not in our direct control. We use UPS and USPS modules so they ‘are what they are,’ I’m afraid. I’d recommend the download, personally.

MM

Thx, my post wasnt against anyone,really was interested in that Dvd as im a new owner to a Moxf6 but the shipping to Sweden was calculated as something like over 60$ so I passed, im gone check out that link that you attached, I wasnt aware of that it was download able so thats much appreciated.

after writing this post i saw the the content of that link..WOW, thanks for sharing, gone download it tomorrow when of from work!

Happy Weekend
Cheers
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 04:26 PM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013

Ok, so “Badmister is Phil....Haha, didnt know that..Think i have
seen all the tutorials movies about the moxf...several times!..:)...seems like a
sympatic chap.

Cheers
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Firmware update will not work, need help.
Next Topic:

Buy a MOXF6 ?? ››