mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "External keyboard and internal controllers"

Posted on: January 02, 2014 @ 03:11 AM
Dromeus
Total Posts:  64
Joined  02-09-2012

In a Song Mixing I do control one channel with an external keyboard (Song Track setting for CH 1 is INT SW=off, EXT SW=on). Now all MOXF controllers like PB, ModWheel or Sustain Pedal connected to MOXF are inactive for this voice. Any chance to make it work?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2014 @ 05:00 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Is this a trick question? A joke?

By turning the Track’s INT SW = Off, you’re disconnecting the MOXF keyboard/controllers from the internal tone generator ... You just said that, if that is not what you want set the INT SW = On.

When working with a sequencer (any sequencer) it is standard operating procedure to have the keyboard and its controllers transmit via the Track to the tone generator. This is true whether the sequencer is on a computer or in hardware.

The function of the INTERNAL SWITCH is exactly what you state… What were you expecting? What are you trying to accomplish? But you need the INT SW ON if you want to communicate internally - I mean, what else could /would an INTERNAL SWITCH do?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2014 @ 07:26 AM
Dromeus
Total Posts:  64
Joined  02-09-2012

While most people who know me would agree that I love to make jokes, for sure I would not try to waste anyone’s precious time in this forum by asking trick questions.

The MOXF has a huge number of options, easy to overlook something. Maybe I was not concise enough in my question, but thanks anyway, B_M, your answer did lead me in the right direction.

I was not talking about sequencing, but playing voices from an attached keyboard. Song Track setting for CH 1 is INT SW=off, EXT SW=on, because I play some external voice from a sound module with the MOXF keyboard.

The answer is now obvious to me, I just set the attached keyboard’s send CH to 2 and INT SW=on, EXT SW=on for this channel. Then I can use TRACK 1 button to play on the MOXF keyboard and TRACK 2 for playing on the attached keyboard AND using PB/MW controllers of the MOXF at the same time.

My problem was that I tried to achieve this without switching TRACK buttons.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2014 @ 08:24 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The answer is now obvious to me, I just set the attached keyboard’s send CH to 2 and INT SW=on, EXT SW=on for this channel. Then I can use TRACK 1 button to play on the MOXF keyboard and TRACK 2 for playing on the attached keyboard AND using PB/MW controllers of the MOXF at the same time.

My problem was that I tried to achieve this without switching TRACK buttons.

No, not really, the problem was instead of asking about what you wanted to accomplish, you asked for a way around a fact. It matters not that you are not actually recording to the sequencer, if you are in Song or Pattern mode you are using the sequencer and its rules will apply. But as long as you got your answer, no harm… No problem…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Inspiration in a flash
Next Topic:

Voices do not sound the same when I press the same key ››