mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Busted Jog Dial"

Posted on: January 11, 2013 @ 04:00 AM
cbright9
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-11-2013

My jog dial is malfunctioning, i can use it but its incredibly frustrating and tends to ruin my creative streaks.

Does anyone know if it is modular in the sense that it’ll be an easy fix? Order the part, open it up, switch it out, close it up and good as new?

Thanks in advance
Clinton

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2013 @ 09:54 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Unfortunately you don’t list in your profile where in the world you are… Call your regional Yamaha and talk to the Customer Service dept. they will know the part number and can tell you if it is an easy fix or if you should have an authorized service place do it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2013 @ 02:16 PM
cbright9
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-11-2013

That’s ridiculous. Does that really matter? Im in southern California. Does the guy in northern California have a different motif es rack? It’s a simple question I shouldn’t have to call yamaha, I’m not feeling like sitting in a call center cue for 15 minutes. I didn’t join this forum for an answer like that. I almost thought I’d get flamed for such a question. I bet I’ll get flamed for your stupid response. Just answer the question.
IS IT AN EASY FIX? IS IT MODULAR? DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT?
Jesus christ, you’re a moderator?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2013 @ 03:07 PM
KMKKEYS
Total Posts:  141
Joined  02-16-2009

Clinton,

Really!!!

I usually don’t engage on this forum, but read it often.  Although, Bad Mister (Phil) may be a moderator, I don’t see where it states he is a technician.

I’m sure its trivial to know what part of the world you are from, but what’s the big deal.  I’m sure someone would have chimed in and advised whether or not this was user servicable or something that a technician may be needed.

BTW, I don’t know the answer to your question, but if you allow some time for others to read your question, I’m relatively sure you would have received a response.

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2013 @ 10:10 PM
Rustar
Total Posts:  9
Joined  03-13-2011

I had the same problem. I opened up the unit and removed the face plate and found the problem was simply that the retaining nut on the dial had worked itself loose. I tightened it up, replaced all of the screws, and it works perfectly. Try removing the face plate first, since you may not need to remove the whole back cover. Go forth and conquer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2013 @ 07:20 PM
Rustar
Total Posts:  9
Joined  03-13-2011

Has anyone else fixed their jog dial this way?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2013 @ 07:37 AM
mick_n
Total Posts:  71
Joined  01-06-2003
Rustar - 28 December 2013 07:20 PM

Has anyone else fixed their jog dial this way?

Mine was faulty when i purchased the ES rack (2nd hand). Especially noticeable while scrolling through the character list to name a patch. IE, it would jump back & forth while scrolling......rather annoying. ;)

I took the jog wheel out completely & gave it a liberal dose of Servisol switch cleaner while turning the shaft. Put it all back together & no problems since......IIRC, this was in January 2012.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG question for Motif ES Rack?
Next Topic:

Can i disable receiving cc07 main volume ››