mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Moxf Seq"

Posted on: December 28, 2013 @ 01:51 PM
Jas65
Total Posts:  65
Joined  12-28-2013

Hello

Since im just scratched on the surface yet I have some questions.

Is there any other way to copy a preset voice to the seq beside to use the category search, also i noticed that when using the category search the effects and arp dont follow in to the seq, the performancec and voices are superb but when trying to use in the seq they dont as good as expected.

Example..

if recording a performance as a patter or a song and then trying to play along the other sounds from the keyboard sounds not as they are in voice mode, probable this is a fault from mine side.

Br
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2013 @ 03:13 PM
xmortenx
Total Posts:  20
Joined  06-06-2009

Perhaps this from the manual can help :

The Voice assigned to the Performance produces a different sound from the one in the Voice mode.
􏰀 This is normal because the Voice sound is determined by the parameter settings in the Performance mode.
To solve this problem, you will need to apply the same parameter settings as those used in the Voice mode via the following three steps.
1. Set the “P.WithVce” (Parameter With Voice) parameter to “on” for a certain Part then reselect the same Voice. The settings of some Voice Common parameters will be applied to the Performance Part.
[PERFORM]􏰁[EDIT]􏰁Number [1] – [4]􏰁[F1] VOICE􏰁[SF1] VOICE􏰁“P.WithVce”
2. Execute the Voice Copy Job in the Performance Job mode.
This Job copies the System Effect, Master Effect and Master EQ settings in the Voice mode to the Performance Common parameters.
[PERFORM]􏰁[JOB]􏰁[F3] COPY􏰁[SF2] VOICE
3. Set the Reverb Send Level and Chorus Send Level to the desired value (same as in the Voice mode) manually.
[PERFORM]􏰁[EDIT]􏰁Part selection􏰁[F2] OUTPUT􏰁[SF2] EF SEND

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2013 @ 03:33 PM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013

Thx

Mine issue is that when selecting a voice in category search for use in the seq it sounds a lot of different then its origin voice mode.

I recorded a performance which sounded good when played back, then I tried to select another performance and also a single voice to play along with mine recorded performance but didnt get this to work, I was hoping this was possibble but maybe im wrong, when I bought this one I was convinced that I had done my research

My first aim is to

Record a performance and being able to play back with a another performance together.

Using the 16 track seq for recording voices without lost of the dynamic in the sound of the indenpendle voice.

I wish I could select a voice just like a performance and push the record button and this would be recorded, as for now if I understand it I have to use the cetegory search.

Br
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2013 @ 04:06 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Since im just scratched on the surface yet I have some questions.

Take your time. It probably works a bit different than you are thinking. For reasons you don’t yet understand, trust that the more you use it the more it will make sense.

Is there any other way to copy a preset voice to the seq beside to use the category search

It is not necessary to copy a Voice to the sequencer at all. CATEGORY SEARCH, is just what it says… A way to search for Voices by their category. It does not COPY. It is a way to “select” a Voice.

...also i noticed that when using the category search the effects and arp dont follow in to the seq, the performancec and voices are superb but when trying to use in the seq they dont as good as expected.

Whether or not the effects and arps follow the Voice when you select it for a PART (Performance or Song/Pattern) is a matter of how you decide to use it.

When you take a single Voice and place it in an ensemble with other Voices, it is like joining a band that has a mixer. You plug your instrument into the bands mixer. Settings for the mixer channel are initially different from the settings when the Voice was accessed alone.

You need to learn to use the “Parameter with Voice” function, and to activate the “Insert Effect Switch” for the Part.
“Parameter with Voice” will bring in the arpeggios
“Insert Effect Switch” will turn On the dual Insertion Effects for the Part

Example..

if recording a performance as a patter or a song and then trying to play along the other sounds from the keyboard sounds not as they are in voice mode, probable this is a fault from mine side.

Yes. Take your time, learn to use the functions and features mentioned above.

I recorded a performance which sounded good when played back, then I tried to select another performance and also a single voice to play along with mine recorded performance but didnt get this to work, I was hoping this was possibble but maybe im wrong, when I bought this one I was convinced that I had done my research

Again, in order to use a feature, try to understand its designed purpose. This way when you try to do something unusual you can know how to proceed.

A Performance in many cases, is like a rhythm section of a band. So you wanted to record a second rhythm section to your composition. It is not that you can’t do this, because YOU CAN, but first you have to recognize that this is unusual. Yes? Who plays on stage with two drummers, two bass players, etc???

The Direct Performance Record feature copies the four Parts to four Parts of the target Song or Pattern.

If you wish to record a second PERFORMANCE to the same target Song or Pattern, there are two things you must know to do:
1) Target a different set of 4 Tracks. If your first Performance targets Parts1-4, the second Performance must target 5-8, 9-12, or 13-16.
2) If in Pattern mode target a completely different Section of the Pattern. If your first Performance targets Section A, the second must target any other Section B-P. You can move the Phrases later, if you want both rhythm sections playing at the same time. (?)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2013 @ 04:24 PM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013

It is not necessary to copy a Voice to the sequencer at all. CATEGORY SEARCH, is just what it says… A way to search for Voices by their category. It does not COPY. It is a way to “select” a Voice.

Ok, im gone reformulate…

Is there anyeway to select voices that gone to be used by the seq beside the cat search...like performance recording?

Yes im gone take mine time but im also a very curious person!

Br
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2013 @ 04:29 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Please read my entire answer. Please.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2013 @ 04:55 PM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013

Good answer, Thanks

Im just in the first phase of learning the F6, recorded a performance earlier today and tried to play along with a another performance but didnt get this to work, in my world this should be simple and possible, anyway this one gone be interesting to explore.

Br
Jack

[ Ignore ]