mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I change the effects on the organ voices in the MOXF?"

Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 09:16 AM
mstodola
Total Posts:  12
Joined  04-08-2013

On my MOX I can change the leslie effects and EQ on my organ voices or any other voice.  I do the same operations for organ voices on my MOXF and it brings up a blank screen with no ability to change any effect on organ voices. 

Is there a way to change the effects for organ voices on the MOXF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 09:42 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

On my MOX I can change the leslie effects and EQ on my organ voices or any other voice.  I do the same operations for organ voices on my MOXF and it brings up a blank screen with no ability to change any effect on organ voices.

This is not a true statement. The MOXF works exactly the same as the MOX in this regard except that the MOXF has eight Parts that can simultaneously recall their dual Insert Effects (versus just three on the MOX) when using Performance, Song or Pattern modes.

Is there a way to change the effects for organ voices on the MOXF?

Yes, exactly the same as on the MOX. If you are in [VOICE] mode, you can assign any two Insert Effects to the Voice.
Press [F6] from the main Voice screen to take the shortcut to a Effect edit
At [SF1] CONNECT you can select and gain access to the different a Effect blocks.

If you are in [PERFORMANCE] mode, you can assign two Insert Effects to each of the four synth Parts plus the A/D Input Part by activating the INS SW (Insert Effect Switch).

If you are in [SONG]/[PATTERN] modes, you can assign two Insert Effects to any eight Parts by activating the INS SW (Insert Effect Switch).

You don’t mention what mode you’re in so we are going to guess you are in Song/Pattern mode
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press [F6] EFFECT
Press [SF2] INS SW
Here is where you can select which eight Parts will recall their dual Insertion Effects from Voice mode.
Make sure the Part you wish to edit has ON showing. A maximum of eight ON switches can be activated simultaneously.

Once the Switch is set to ON for your organ Part you can edit the Effects on that PART ...
Press [MIXING]
Select the PART containing the normal (non-Drum Kit) Voice you wish to edit
Press [F5] VCE EDIT
This drops you into full Voice edit on this Part

And if the INS SW was activated you can edit and even change the assigned Insertion Effects.
Press [COMMON]
Press [F6] EFFECT
Press [SF1] CONNECT
Here you can select and gain access to editing the effects
When complete:

Press [STORE] and write your newly edited Voice to a MIX VOICE location “local” to the current Song or Pattern. Or you can direct it it to an internal User Bank Voice location

This is exactly the same as in the MOX, except you now have 5 additional PARTS that can recall there dual Insertion Effects at one time!

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 10:17 AM
mstodola
Total Posts:  12
Joined  04-08-2013

I am in voice mode.

Thank you BadMister for the reply?  I will try it again.

What I normally do is go to the organ voice, press edit, chose the effects button from the screen and adjust the leslie EQ and leslie ramp times of the existing insert effects.  In the MOXF I got a screen I’d never had gotten before in my MOX.

Like I said, I’ll try it again.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Tried to connect the MOXF8 to my DAW
Next Topic:

Is this possible (perf’s and songs q) ››