mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I stop an ARP in my Performance?"

Posted on: December 22, 2013 @ 11:14 AM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

I’ve got a Performance that has various ARPs assigned to Voice/Part Four, with each ARP a different type.

I’m varying the ARPs during different sections of the song, but I want the ARP (2) Button to not play any ARP on that Voice when I push the button.

How do I do that?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2013 @ 11:50 AM
lastfermata
Total Posts:  54
Joined  01-20-2012

Caveat: I’m using a Motif XF8 and not a MOXF…

In performance mode:

Press [F4] “Arpeggio”
Press [SF2] “ARP2”
Using the arrow keys, scroll to the part you want no Arp and move to the Type select (normally showing the Arp #, e.g. 2233)
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Press [F1] “Main”
Use the wheel to select ---
Press [F2] “Sub”
Use the wheel to select <--->
Press [F3] “List”
And use the wheel to select “PRE off”
Press [ENTER]

Hope that works on the MOXF! :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2013 @ 12:52 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, that will work, but will have the side effect of stopping the clock on that Part. In other words, if the Part that you want to remain silent during that [SF] ARP is set to HOLD = ON, like perhaps your Drum or Bass Part… When you move to the next [SF] ARP, you will need to retrigger those PARTS that where set to HOLD in order to get them going again. This can be a big problem to do especially getting them back in time!!!

Of course, it will depend on what you need to accomplish musically. If you need the Part to come back in at the top of the measure, you may want use a different strategy.

If you want the clock to remain running to these Parts, you should use the ARP TYPE that is a “Mute” arp at your time signature. If your arps are 4/4 time signature you will want to select the “Mute 4/4” Arp for that SF button. Use this silent Arpeggio a Type to hold the place, rather than placing no arp “---” which accomplishes the silence, but causes you trouble coming back into the groove… Because it sends a command that interrupts the clock from running.

The “mute arps” allows the clock to continue running while the other Parts play their Arp during that SF button, and when you switch to a new SF you will not have to retrigger Notes to restart the arps set to HOLD.

The Mute (silent) Arps are found in the CATEGORY = CTRL, SUB-Category = GENERAL Mute 4/4 #7974

Of course, you musical requirement could very well call for the arps to be manually re triggered… You have a choice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2013 @ 12:57 PM
lastfermata
Total Posts:  54
Joined  01-20-2012

Man, I always learn something new every day here at Motifator. Thanks for the detailed explanation, Bad_Mister!

[ Ignore ]