mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Deleting Performance Songs"

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 02:04 PM
Studiobuoy
Total Posts:  37
Joined  11-25-2013

I have layered several songs and placed them under the Splits And Layers category.But I cannot figure out how to delete the ones I don’t want anymore.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 02:14 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

We are not sure what you have done… You cannot layer songs…

We assume you are talking about Performances. You can write over a Performance.
You can initialize it
Press [JOB]
Press [F1] INITIALIZE
Set it to ALL Parameters…
Press [ENTER] to execute

Then you can press [STORE] to overwrite the location with the initialized Performance. Technically speaking you never DELETE a Performance you only store different data there. You cannot add or subtract to the number of Performance locations… There will always be two banks of 128 Performances… What is stored in each is up to you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 02:21 PM
Studiobuoy
Joined  11-25-2013

What I actually meant was I have used the CONCERT PIANO and layered it with strings..... I have not figured out how to delete that performance as not needed anymore

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 02:34 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Studiobuoy - 21 December 2013 02:21 PM

What I actually meant was I have used the CONCERT PIANO and layered it with strings..... I have not figured out how to delete that performance as not needed anymore

Please refer back to the Bad_Mister post above.  You cannot delete a PERFORMANCE, you can only over-write it with a new PERFORMANCE.

That is what you did to an existing Factory PERFORMANCE when you created your Concert Grand and Strings layer.

Your piano-strings layer [PERFORMANCE] will remain in place until you STORE something new in that USER location.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 02:49 PM
Studiobuoy
Joined  11-25-2013

Got it.... Thanks everyone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 04:24 PM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013
cmayhle - 21 December 2013 02:34 PM

.........You cannot delete a PERFORMANCE, you can only over-write it with a new PERFORMANCE.

You sorta kinda can, by initialising and then storing the initialised performance back to the same slot..Techincally it could be called a “new performance” but it is empty so could be classed as being deleted.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 06:01 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
pax_eterna - 21 December 2013 04:24 PM

You sorta kinda can, by initialising and then storing the initialised performance back to the same slot..Techincally it could be called a “new performance” but it is empty so could be classed as being deleted.

From the Manual:

[F1] INIT (Initialize)

Resets (initializes) all Performance parameters to their default settings.

This results in as legitimate a PERFORMANCE as say...Chilltronika, or even ‘Piano and Strings’!

So, it would seem you have simply ‘over-written’ the PERFORMANCE with an Initialized PERFORMANCE and really haven’t deleted anything except by substitution/replacement.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 09:55 PM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013

Yep, that’s why I wrote “sorta kinda” ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Modulator wheel question and sustain pedal question
Next Topic:

Wireless USB Adapter ››