mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Master"

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 02:34 PM
davidtre
Total Posts:  80
Joined  06-18-2011

I think I may have finally figured out how to use Master to keep voices and performances easily accessible when performing live. I just want to see if I have it right. I have seen many very complicated discussions on how to use Master in the forum and also as a tutorial. They seemed extremely complicated discussions I could not understand. ( I am not very experienced in the use of synths/workstations)

So lets see if I understand a simple explanation. On page 57 of manual it gives instructions which earlier I really did not understand either. But now I may. It appears there are 128 positions in Master. The first one, as default is a “performance” Mox, which also seems to be the performance that first comes up when turn on the machine. It is in 01. I followed the directions, press Master , then F2, and I would find a voice, say Grand Piano, then press store and enter. I then had that voice in 01. However, the name stayed the old name,, but slot had Grand Piano when I played. I still am confused how to change the name there to Grand Piano. I had hoped the voice I put there retained its original name. I’m still confused which buttons to push to change the name.

I can repeat the above maneuver for 02 with another voice or performance. Then I can just press the 01 or 02 button to quickly go between the voice’s or performances. It looks like I can do this with 128 voices or performances.

The above maneuver seemed to work, and I just wanted to see if I really had it right.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 02:41 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
davidtre - 21 December 2013 02:34 PM

...So lets see if I understand a simple explanation. On page 57 of manual it gives instructions which earlier I really did not understand either. But now I may. It appears there are 128 positions in Master. The first one, as default is a “performance” Mox, which also seems to be the performance that first comes up when turn on the machine. It is in 01. I followed the directions, press Master , then F2, and I would find a voice, say Grand Piano, then press store and enter. I then had that voice in 01. However, the name stayed the old name,, but slot had Grand Piano when I played. I still am confused how to change the name there to Grand Piano. I had hoped the voice I put there retained its original name. I’m still confused which buttons to push to change the name....

On page 130 of the MOXF Reference Manual, under [Master] - [Edit] - [Common] - [F1]NAME, you will find the screen to change the MASTER Name.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 03:44 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When creating a Master Program you can have the MOXF “get” the name of the program you are associating it with.

Say you want to to make MASTER 001, Full Concert Grand
Call up Master 001
Press [F2] MEMORY
Set MODE = Voice
Set MEMORY = PRE1:001 [Full Concert Grand]
Press [F6] GET NAME
This will automatically set the Name for you.
Press [STORE]

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Wireless USB Adapter
Next Topic:

awave studio - problem with convert to moxf format ››