mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using several performances for live performing"

Posted on: December 16, 2013 @ 08:41 PM
davidtre
Total Posts:  80
Joined  06-18-2011

Is there a simple way ( for those of us “technically challenged") to set up, say 4 performances that I want to use sequentially in a song that I am performing live. How can I set it up for each one to seamlessly be changed into the next one?  For example may want first to play piano alone, then move into piano strings layer, then move to organ bass split then to pad with a bass split.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2013 @ 05:33 AM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

For simples switching among performances, you can just move them into adjacent User locations, or into adjacent Master locations. But since 4 performances can have a maximum of 16 voices, you can also fit all the Voices you need from those 4 performances into a single 16 voice song/pattern Mix. That might be the best way to go, especially in light of your word “seamlessly” in that the Mix mode allows you to switch to a new sound without cutting the previous sound off. One limitation is that only 8 of the 16 Voices will be able to have their insert effects… but based on your example, you aren’t even using 16 voices among the 4 performances, it sounds like you’re using fewer than 8 anyway.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Dilemma: From Motif rack ES to MOXF6????
Next Topic:

MOXF8 losing power...flash issue? ››