mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Adding a half measure into a performance?"

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 07:03 PM
djudson
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-01-2013

I created a performance on my MOXF6.  It is a typical 4/4 with one anomaly.  The problem is that the song I’m doing has a random 6/4 measure (or perhaps one 4/4 and one 2/4) stuck in between the verse and chorus.  I’m struggling how to make this work.  I’ve got ARP1 for the verse measures and ARP2 for the chorus, but that random measure in-between is throwing all the timing off.  Any ideas how to address this problem?  I would like to create an ARP3 setting for the weird measure but it always defaults to 4/4 timing.

(Apologies as I posted this in the MOX forum by mistake, although the issue should be the same in both the MOXF6 and MOX8).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2013 @ 05:31 AM
djudson
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-01-2013

My original post was confusing.  I was trying to figure out whether it was possible to have PATTERNS as follows:  4/4, followed by a 2/4, followed by a 4/4, etc.  The larger issue is whether multiple PATTERNS (in an individual SONG or PERFORMANCE) can have different tempos.  I think the answer is no, although I have found a workaround.  I created all my PATTERNS in 4/4 time, which is the basic tempo.  Once the PATTERNS are chained via PATTERN CHAIN, however, it is possible to go and change the tempo on individual PATTERNS.  In my case I recorded the middle PATTERN at the usual 4/4.  In the PATTERN CHAIN, I highlighted this PATTERN and changed the TEMPO to 2/4, which effectively cut the measure in half (my original intent).  This seems like a workable solution to my original problem.

[ Ignore ]