mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXf USB driver q"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 11:38 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I wonder if maybe one of the older Yamaha USB midi only drivers may work? If one can still get them - I may have one saved on a backup file somewhere...although it would not be for Windows 8.

It is not the driver… Noise is not a driver issue. An “older driver”, that’s funny, you’re not serious are you? Or are you?

We assume you exhausted that path with no success, and are now going to throw some money at it. Let us know… Computers are notorious for their bad behavior when you take them out of their comfort zone - which is spread sheets and surfing the Internet. The noise only appears when you connect it to something else.

Perhaps you’ve wondered why you can spend $2000 or even $3000 on a computer and it comes with a pair of $10 speakers and a Sub woofer (so you don’t notice that the speakers are awful)… It is really not optimized for audio. It is the smart code writers who whip it into the best shape they can… Someday someone will build a music computer that musicians will support!!

Simple ground noise can usually be solved for little or no money if you’re clever… But let us know how that works out. I’m curious.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 12:14 PM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013
Bad_Mister - 30 November 2013 11:38 AM

It is not the driver… Noise is not a driver issue. An “older driver”, that’s funny, you’re not serious are you? Or are you?

We assume you exhausted that path with no success, and are now going to throw some money at it. Let us know… Computers are notorious for their bad behavior when you take them out of their comfort zone - which is spread sheets and surfing the Internet. The noise only appears when you connect it to something else.

Perhaps you’ve wondered why you can spend $2000 or even $3000 on a computer and it comes with a pair of $10 speakers and a Sub woofer (so you don’t notice that the speakers are awful)… It is really not optimized for audio. It is the smart code writers who whip it into the best shape they can… Someday someone will build a music computer that musicians will support!!

Simple ground noise can usually be solved for little or no money if you’re clever… But let us know how that works out. I’m curious.

1.  As already acknowledged by you earlier (AFTER I pointed it out to you) - the driver for the MOxf is a COMBINED audio/midi driver...you still seem to be stuck on it being a separate audio driver??? Ergo, if I then can use a dedicated MIDI driver only and use other audio solutions, then it MAY have been a solution. I doubt it, as the i/f hardware on the moxf itself is very basic. But still worth a shot as a no-cost solution.

2. I know my way around PC Audio systems having been using them for many years, so please drop the condescending and sarcastic remarks - it does you no favours

3. There is nothing simple about USB/PC ground noises, dumb comment. Pure electrical (ie no electronics) ground hums ARE simple as evidenced by simple ground lift devices.

4. The “issue” is caused by Yamaha using cheap as they can USB interfacing on the MOXf end of the chain (it IS a cheapo keyboard). Why? Because all my other devices (audio-USB) using the same PC system, using the same cabling, using the same USB port create zip (or very negligible) noise.

For example my Behringer (yes Behringer!!) usb asio driver (driving a Behringer mini USB mixer) has a much MUCH lower background noise level. Explain that away with sarcasm ;-)

5. I am merely spending the money Yamaha should have spent on providing a quality “low to noise free” usb interface.

Your responses to this are disappointing, not insofar as you have provided NO information at all, rather in the manner in which you have chose to respond. It would be better for you to gracefully exit this topic I think.

Those who are interested in how the USB Opto Isolator works can PM me.

I am done with this topic.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Add To MOXF Performances
Next Topic:

MOXF8 and Behringer: TRUTH B1031A ››