mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AF1 and 2 function and the MOXF software editor"

Posted on: November 24, 2013 @ 10:04 AM
langbehn
Total Posts:  11
Joined  11-17-2013

AF1 and 2 function and the MOXF software editor

Does anyone know how to set the function of the AF 1 and 2 buttons to latch versus momentary via Yamaha’s MOXF editor software? This is easily done from the MOXF editor screens using the “other” submenu, but when it comes to the software editor, I can’t find any discussion of this in the manual or any hints of how to do it by inspecting the software program in action.

It’s not a huge deal, since it can be set from the MOXF itself. However, doing so does mean an additional round of syncing up the voice settings between the instrument and the computer libraries

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 05:29 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

This is true. The Momentary\Latch function is one of several parameters that do not appear in the software Editor. Whatever preference you set in the hardware is captured by the software if/when you capture or load from the library file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 05:42 AM
Joshman
Total Posts:  208
Joined  10-28-2013

Where can I download the editor software?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 05:44 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013

A follow up to this question
If an voice is programmed with latch on AF1 and I set the assignable Foot switch to control AF1(I use an FC 5). It does NOT latch!
would be cool if it used what was programmed in the voice but obliviously it does not.

But can I set the foot switch to always latch?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 05:58 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshman - 25 November 2013 05:42 AM

Where can I download the editor software?

Here.
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 06:46 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

No. The Foot Switch by its nature is momentary.
If you get a clickable Foot Switch, it will be able to latch.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 07:16 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013
Bad_Mister - 25 November 2013 06:46 AM

No. The Foot Switch by its nature is momentary.
If you get a clickable Foot Switch, it will be able to latch.

OK! I will get FC7 pedal instead as that “sort of” works as an latch:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 08:17 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, the Foot Controller pedal (FC7), by nature, stays where you leave it and is a defacto LATCH, but (naturally) the FC7 does not work in the Foot Switch jack.

Foot Controller does reset to maximum when a RESET ALL COMMAND is sent.
The Assignable Function always default to OFF when a program is recalled.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 08:32 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013

Oh I thought it would work with an FC7 in the foot switch jack.
But hence the name “foot switch jack” huh:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 09:28 PM
langbehn
Total Posts:  11
Joined  11-17-2013
Bad_Mister - 25 November 2013 05:29 AM

This is true. The Momentary\Latch function is one of several parameters that do not appear in the software Editor. Whatever preference you set in the hardware is captured by the software if/when you capture or load from the library file.

Thanks for the verification. One of life’s little anoyances, but I’d think it could be modified with a software update.

And yes, Yamaha definitely did not do a good job of explaining how to find and download the software editor within the manuals.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 11:49 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Important difference:

FOOT SWITCH jacks (two), one dedicated to Sustain Pedal (cc064), the other is assignable to various functions. FC3 = half Dampering sustain pedal, FC4 = piano-style on/off sustain pedal, FC5 = square shaped momentary switch.
FOOT CONTROLLER jack, MOXF has one physical jack, that can be set as FC1 or FC2, both are assignable. FC1 defaults to cc011 (Expression); FC2 defaults to the generic programmable cc004 (Foot Control); FC7 = sweep type foot pedal, FC9 = dual function sweep pedal (can be used here in one of its functions- requires a single TRS-to-TRS 1/4” cable).

And yes, Yamaha definitely did not do a good job of explaining how to find and download the software editor within the manuals.

it is mentioned several times in the Owners Manual, and there might be notices in the box as well. It is a problem and we are trying to address this as many ways as we can.

Ask your local music store why they don’t have the software Editor running in one their in-store computers.

Seriously, if you don’t ask they may think no one is interested in that stuff. Ask and see what kind of response you get. If enough customers show interest a store would be silly not to accommodate. Ask a department manager, they are likely to care what you think…

We at Yamaha would love to show the products in the store connected to a computer simply to introduce musicians to the world of home studio recording… Building it around a Multi-timbral synth keyboard is a concept that a lot of folks are actually doing but you don’t see it reflected in the stores.

All you see is the little budget plastic keyboard controllers setup with computers (if any computer is there at all), as if you have to skimp on your keyboard if you want to go computer studio, ha!

Any way, look in the manual again, particularly in the Section on “Using a Connected Computer”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2013 @ 12:53 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013
Bad_Mister - 25 November 2013 11:49 PM

Important difference:

FOOT SWITCH jacks (two), one dedicated to Sustain Pedal (cc064), the other is assignable to various functions. FC3 = half Dampering sustain pedal, FC4 = piano-style on/off sustain pedal, FC5 = square shaped momentary switch.
FOOT CONTROLLER jack, MOXF has one physical jack, that can be set as FC1 or FC2, both are assignable. FC1 defaults to cc011 (Expression); FC2 defaults to the generic programmable cc004 (Foot Control); FC7 = sweep type foot pedal, FC9 = dual function sweep pedal (can be used here in one of its functions- requires a single TRS-to-TRS 1/4” cable).

It not an huge deal, I only use the MOFX in my home studio.
but it,s always fun to be able to play stuff “live” and use the controller options available:)

Besides that I can do it with my line 6 foot controller,still it has it,s limits as it only sends out on one midi channel.

Still thanks for the lesson:)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ The Importance Of Stereo
Next Topic:

MOXF6/8 ››