mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Missing function !"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: November 15, 2013 @ 08:54 AM
Laurance
Total Posts:  12
Joined  11-11-2013
5pinDIN - 14 November 2013 01:56 PM

Even if a synth doesn’t have built-in alternative tuning capability (preset or user scalable), as long as it can properly respond to pitch bend messages, it can be microtuned in real time. The software has to examine each note-on event, and then add a PB message that corresponds to the amount of scaling necessary for that note. Accuracy and consistency can be issues with this approach.

A Motif XF is probably a better choice for your needs.

The microtune using the pitch correction trick will not be accurate when there is a sustained voice notes played fast (I already tried this)

The Moxf is my first YAMAHA workstation, I realy liked the way and the engine built quality (Cubase friendly).

but I must admit that the USER-3 inspiration in a flash sounds are unusable without a complete microtuning section.

I do realized that the Motif XF is the key, but if I send back my Moxf to the shop (after trying all possibilities) i’ll have to wait for NAMM 2014 before deciding.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2013 @ 09:10 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Laurance - 15 November 2013 08:54 AM

The microtune using the pitch correction trick will not be accurate when there is a sustained voice notes played fast [...]

Yes - I mentioned the accuracy issue. Using software to add PB is just a workaround, and definitely has limitations.

Laurance -

I do realized that the Motif XF is the key, but if I send back my Moxf to the shop (after trying all possibilities) i’ll have to wait for NAMM 2014 before deciding.

Well, you don’t have to wait, but I can understand that you might want to.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2013 @ 05:00 AM
Laurance
Joined  11-11-2013

Tomorrow i’ll receive a Midi interface for my iPhone and I hope it will work.

I’ll let you know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 02:21 PM
Laurance
Joined  11-11-2013

Hi again,

I received the Midi Interface for iPhone, and this doesn’t work!!

I’m really sorry that YAMAHA don’t pay attention to all users.

Regards.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using a MIXING program....
Next Topic:

moxf8 keybed size ››