mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "SAME SOUND STUCK ON EVERY TRACK MOTIF ES"

Posted on: October 18, 2013 @ 11:46 AM
andonesia209
Total Posts:  25
Joined  04-14-2013

Hello, everyone. I had to post a new topic regarding the problem that I’m having with my Motif Es. I’ve already did my research and read up on everything from GM reset to Bank Select and Program Change for Motif ES. Nothing I read or try works.

The problem that I’m having is the same sound is stuck on every track regardless if I switch from song mode or go to pattern mode or switch the pattern from 1 to 64 nothing works.

I just want the GM piano to be the first sound that’s recalled on a track that hasn’t been used yet like its suppose to be.

The tracks that I haven’t used still show up as the Piano but as soon as I convert the midi data (that’s already in Cubase) into audio data (to try to avoid this problem not to mention it has to be converted Eventually) it just switch’s back to the same sound as before.

If ANYONE could help me!?!? I would REALLY appreciate it!! Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2013 @ 03:03 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, but you need to explain (better) what is happening. Read your post several time can’t figure out what you are trying to do or why…

The problem that I’m having is the same sound is stuck on every track regardless if I switch from song mode or go to pattern mode or switch the pattern from 1 to 64 nothing works.

”the same sound is stuck” - what does this mean:
1) A stuck note keeps sounding endlessly?
2) You cannot activate or figure out how to use a Program Change?

I just want the GM piano to be the first sound that’s recalled on a track that hasn’t been used yet like its suppose to be.

And why do you care what happens on a PART that is not used in the sequence?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2013 @ 04:00 PM
andonesia209
Joined  04-14-2013

Beings that I mentioned GM reset and “program change” which of the two do you think it is? Let me tell you it’s number 2!!

“I Can’t figure out how to use a program change”

I care because I don’t want to be limited to X amount of tracks. I would like to use all 16 tracks and I can’t do that if what’s happening “happens” to the tracks that I’m eventually going to use!!

So can you PLEASE help me Phil PLEASE? You always give me a hard time.....

I had a similar problem last time and we went back and forth for weeks and you never did help me......

I know your helping everyone you can, on motifator and I know your doing it not only out of the kindness of your heart but also for free, so again THANK you in advance! :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2013 @ 06:17 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

I don’t want to be limited to X amount of tracks. I would like to use all 16 tracks and I can’t do that if what’s happening “happens” to the tracks that I’m eventually going to use!!

We are not sure what you mean by “what’s happening”. With the sequencer 16 Tracks are always available for use… Always, nothing can prevent that.

You can see the Program Change explanation below - when you are in the sequencer mode, you can select a TRACK [1]-[16]
Then press [EDIT] to view what is called the EVENT LIST.

Here you can see each MIDI command for the currently selected track.
You can DELETE, INSERT and CHANGE the data you see by using your cursor arrow to highlight the data you want to work with and using the appropriate [Function] buttons.

The PROGRAM CHANGE in the MOTIF is explained in detail in the articles you have been linked to here on Motifator… the article with the example FILE.

We cannot really help you with what you are trying to do because you don’t really say what it is you are trying to do… but I’m sure you are doing the best you can to explain what you are trying to accomplish.

Image Attachments
ProgramChange.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2013 @ 08:31 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

bump.

Did you figure out how to insert Program Changes?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2013 @ 08:52 AM
andonesia209
Joined  04-14-2013

Yes and no. I finally figured it out how to do the program change but its ironically not changing my problem. The sound is still stuck. It changes when I do the program change or even change the bank number in mixing but as soon as I start trying to record it, it changes back to the same sound!?!? If I leave the category search screen on, it literally jumps from piano back to the string bank!?!? This is very frustrating.....

PLEASE help!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2013 @ 09:48 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

It maybe changing back because of a GM RESET or other command in the track data. Are you seeing System Exclusive messages in the track data (typically they appear on Track 1).

The thing about Program Changes - the most recent one, chronologically, will have priority.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2013 @ 10:54 AM
andonesia209
Joined  04-14-2013
Bad_Mister - 21 October 2013 09:48 AM

It maybe changing back because of a GM RESET or other command in the track data. Are you seeing System Exclusive messages in the track data (typically they appear on Track 1).

I think that’s more along the lines of what’s happening. Although I’m not seeing any “system exclusive messages in the track data”.

The thing about Program Changes - the most recent one, chronologically, will have priority.

As far as the “program changes” I believe I’m doing it correctly. I’m going to track 16 (where I want to fix/change the stuck sound)pushing edit> going to even type changing from note to “program change"> then push change. When I go back it does not change. If I repeat the above step but instead of pushing change I push set it acts as though I didn’t even push the button at all!?!?

So how am I going to fix this problem!?! THANKS again for every Phil!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 01:07 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

CHANGE indicates what you can do on this screen, pushing it as you observe does nothing. It means you can move the cursor and literally CHANGE the Event’s settings (measure/beat/clock, value, etc). Either find and highlight a PC (PROGRAM CHANGE) or you can INSERT, or DELETE an event

If you want to add an event press [INSERT]
If you want to remove an event press [DELETE]
If you want to CHANGE event, you are automatically on the the Change tab when you initially press EDIT, so move the cursor to highlight the event you want to change, use the DATA WHEEL or INC/DEC buttons to make the actual Change, then hit [ENTER]

The manual is essential for these very basic operations. You will be hindered until you spend the time to learn these types of things. Highly recommended you take one afternoon to learn these fundamental operations… Covered in the Quick Guide section of the Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Song Mode Voices External Sequencer.
Next Topic:

BC 3 Breath Controller ››