mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Beginner in MOX(F) series! Help!"

Posted on: November 18, 2013 @ 02:30 AM
touch_master
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11-18-2013

Hello.

Excuse me for bad english, its not my first language.

Im interested to buy MOXF 6 and I understand the only difference between MOX and MOXF is that MOXF have Flash rom? Am I right?

I want to know, if you are kind to help, is this keyboard good for live performance, like

1. one men band or in
2. small bend (like, bass guitar, lead guitar, drums and singers)

For rock, pop, ethno, folk music?

I know that its not arranger but how can it work like one men band, me with MOXF 6 and singer?

Can I record whole songs and save it to the keyboard and where, on usb or on built in flash? If I record whole song what would I play, i dont understand, will I be able to play chords - harmony wuth my left hand and melody and fill in with my right, and how to move thro different parts of songs if its not arranger?

Please answer.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2013 @ 06:04 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Im interested to buy MOXF 6 and I understand the only difference between MOX and MOXF is that MOXF have Flash rom? Am I right?

That is correct but is just one of the differences. By adding a Flash Board this means you can always add new Sample Voice Libraries in the future. Not only can you add new Voice libraries in the future developed for the top-of-the-line Motif XF you can create your own audio loops and stems using Cubase AI7 or other software… Import them to be used in the MOXF

The MOXF is double the Wave ROM, 741MB versus 355MB
The MOXF is also double the polyphony, 128 versus 64 in the MOX.

Also the MOX had three Parts that could use their dual Insert Effects simultaneously, that has been increased to eight Parts, this is significant as well. There are 128 more Preset voices and 8 additional drum kits, and Arp Types have been increased to 7981.

For a look at What’s New about the MOXF please see this listing…
MOXF What’s New

I know that its not arranger but how can it work like one men band, me with MOXF 6 and singer?

Can I record whole songs and save it to the keyboard and where, on usb or on built in flash? If I record whole song what would I play, i dont understand, will I be able to play chords - harmony wuth my left hand and melody and fill in with my right, and how to move thro different parts of songs if its not arranger?

It is good you know it is not an arranger. The focus of the MOXF and the arpeggio and Performance content is primarily to inspire music production - that is composing, song writing, recording to the sequencer versus performing as a one-man band with auto accompaniment.

So being that recording the musical parts to the sequencer is a huge part of what the MOXF is designed to do, you can prepare your music compositions in a different fashion from the arranger-way.

The MOXF Sequencer is divided into two interrelated modes: SONG and PATTERN.

A Song is linear ... Starts at measure 1 and plays through from start to finish.
A Pattern is made up of 16 musical Sections, these sections are set to automatically cycle (loop) and you can switch between them by pressing a button. Section A through Section P. You construct these Sections to whatever length you want them to be. And you change them whenever you want by touching a dedicated Section Change button.

You do not have to control the chords with your left hand, as on an accompaniment keyboard, because you have recorded the musical parts to the sequencer. So even if you used a chord intelligent arpeggio to create the track, once recorded to the sequencer it plays back each time without you having to finger the chords.

This frees you to play a keyboard part or lead over the sequenced tracks. If you remain in PATTERN mode, you can control when the backing tracks go from Section A to Section B. Section A could be Verse, Section B could be Chorus, etc.

So instead of controlling the chords with your left hand, the music is more pre-arranged into Sections of sequenced data that can be rearranged in real time. If you want the SECTION E to play for five minutes, you can… You can play along with any of the sixteen preselected PARTS, and you can sing through a microphone connected to the MOXF A/D input (even use the vocoder).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Advancing Thru ARPS 1-6 Using the FSWITCH on the MOXF8
Next Topic:

MOXF6 ››