mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I create my own (sampled) voices?"

Posted on: November 12, 2013 @ 12:47 PM
Dromeus
Total Posts:  64
Joined  02-09-2012

Hi

I understand that I can load sample data (.wav .aif) from USB flash memory to the expansion module.

But what about the waveforms (key and velocity range mappings)? How do I prepare these?

I’ve studied the MOXF Editor’s Manual and the MOXF Reference Manual, but it was not obvious to me. Can someone give me a hint where this information is buried? Is there a tutorial about this process?

Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2013 @ 01:39 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You might find this support article helpful:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/sampling_version15x_and_later

The article applies to the XS and XF (the MOXF has no sampler), but is useful from a standpoint of understanding concepts.

See this thread for an explanation of the MOXF’s limitations:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469821

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2013 @ 01:53 AM
Dromeus
Total Posts:  64
Joined  02-09-2012

Thanks, 5pinDIN.

I noticed B_M mentioning

Until a MOXF Waveform Editor becomes available (and I do believe one is in the works)

which is good news. Will this be a Yamaha effort or third party software?

The Tyros series, while not being a “real” sampler, allowed you to load your (looped) samples and build your own waveforms in the instrument. The new Tyros 5 obviously does not offer this feature, but it is rumored, that a Tyros 5 Waveform Editor is in the works by Yamaha :-)

From my point of view it would make sense to have a common software supporting both product lines. Will this happen? Do the Yamaha Keyboard developers and the Synth developers share their technology? Just curious ;-)

Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2013 @ 02:12 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

From my point of view it would make sense to have a common software supporting both product lines. Will this happen? Do the Yamaha Keyboard developers and the Synth developers share their technology? Just curious ;-)

A single common software supporting both products would not even be remotely possible. They are as different as apples and oranges.

The new a Tyros 5 features VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) found in the MOXF and the FSX 61 and 76 keyboard action, both found in the Motif XF 6/7.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2013 @ 04:19 AM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010
Dromeus - 14 November 2013 01:53 AM

I noticed B_M mentioning

Until a MOXF Waveform Editor becomes available (and I do believe one is in the works)

which is good news. Will this be a Yamaha effort or third party software?

John Melas’ Waveform Editor is what you’ll need. You’ll prep all you samples on your computer, put them on a USB stick, and bring them into the MOXF.

Technically, the version you can buy today should work… it generates a Motif XF file which the MOXF should be able to read, but it’s possible that there may be some glitches in the process. John Melas is working on a version updated for MOXF that will support the instrument directly.

[ Ignore ]