mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bert Smorenburg- back tracks?"

Posted on: March 06, 2013 @ 12:43 AM
dougvf
Total Posts:  10
Joined  03-01-2013

I have watched Bert Smorenburg demo the Motif xf on many youtube and yamaha videos. I realize this may be a naive question but I am new to the digital music.....He plays many popular songs that have multiple tracks and he plays along usually with the melody ( Gaga, Mayer, Black eyed peas). How is this accomplished...Is he generating all his own tracks or is he downloading a midi sequence from the web, making adjustments, adding the Motif sounds of his choice on a DAW, and playing along? thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2013 @ 04:11 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I would guess he is making those tracks on the product he is demonstrating at the time (That is what is done) - but whether he downloads them (doubt it) or he is creating them himself, the thing is YOU can create your own backing tracks and leave the part that you want to play out so you can play along live. This is easy enough to do.

The process is explained in the Owner’s Manual starting on page 37: Creating an original Song.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2013 @ 11:01 AM
dougvf
Total Posts:  10
Joined  03-01-2013

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2013 @ 11:05 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The operations are fairly easy. Coming up with ‘what to play’ is the only difficult part.
:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2013 @ 12:54 PM
SmoorMotif
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-31-2013

Hi,
this is Bert.
Bad Mister is completely right.
I do program all my own songs, but I always use the instrument for midi programming as well as sampling.
Besides that I always use factory sounds, because I think it is very important that end users hear the instrument as it will come out of the box.
Ofcourse I do layer sounds and add fx whenever I think it is necessary, but the basic Voices are always factory sounds.
As he said, it is totally possible to program it all on the instrument itself.
Bye,
Bert

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2013 @ 01:34 AM
kaytoe
Total Posts:  72
Joined  06-20-2013

Hi bert,
Thank you for your videos. You really know how to make motif keyboatds sound great. You are probably one of the reasons so many people have bought these keyboards, keep up the good work!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ As a Beginner who wants to record....
Next Topic:

Muting a track recorded in Song Mode ››