mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXf Editor q"

Posted on: November 07, 2013 @ 07:39 PM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013

Is it possible to edit Masters and Performances using the Yamaha provided MOXF PC editor program?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2013 @ 11:16 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No. Please see the Manual included with the Editor… This will tell you that it edits VOICES, SONG, and PATTERN Setups for the tone engine, only. It specifically does not edit Masters and Performances.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2013 @ 09:08 AM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Thx BM - another one of those things I suspected, but I thought there may have been some way via the VST version and a DAW. Not to worry. Johns (Melas) editor pack is released in a couple of weeks.

It is just rather awkward and convoluted to setup many various stage set masters using the keyboard itself - NOT a criticism, just an observation :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2013 @ 10:32 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

It can be. It just depends on your particular requirements. I spend a lot of time helping people streamline what they do, often they are setting up more than they actually need to… So the better you get at it the less troublesome and cumbersome it becomes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2013 @ 10:54 AM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Yeah, fair comment. I am guilty of that at times, making it more difficult than it needs to be :-)

It is still a great keyboard though, so thanks Yamaha! I couldn’t afford a full XF and this moxf fits so nicely. Especially the deal I got from my fav Yamaha dealer :-)

I must admit it is nice to worry JUST about the music side of things and not buy a keyboard and then also stress over how to actually pay for it!

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2013 @ 01:38 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

If you have an iPad, there’s also Yamaha’s “Performance Editor Essential” app. (Nothing for Masters, though.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2013 @ 01:52 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Thx AS - yeah I have it already, and I mucked around some with it, and I will probs jump back on it shortly for some initial work...although I think I may end up waiting for John Melas’ new app (about two weeks).

I am on a gig hiatus for a couple of weeks, so no real hurry. His tools just make editing a snap. And since I will be loading up the AXXE set and the IIAF set from Yamaha I want to have all resources on board before I do any serious setting up - don’t want to have to re-edit later :-)

At the moment I am sussing capability, possibility and methodology!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ moxf vs motif xf performances
Next Topic:

MOXF8 demo songs question ››