mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: October 31, 2013 @ 07:42 AM
gg22
Total Posts:  8
Joined  10-31-2013

Sorry for the off topic question, but my MO8 has BH action according to the Yamaha website, does it mean it has the same keybed as Motifs?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2013 @ 09:13 AM
mshamp88
Total Posts:  10
Joined  05-29-2012

Thanks Guys. Bad Mister, I hadn’t thought about whether the MOXF would have multiple velocity curves available. That’s a good point when considering that there are some options to maximize the desired “feel.”

PKadidlo, hadn’t seen you post before. I’m relatively new here too, but we inhabit the same locale and have both played music with CarolZ! I’m THIS CLOSE to putting my order in on the MOXF8. I just loved my XS, but I want my 88’s back.

Now I have to find a home for my “red jewel” Compact! ;-)

PK, please share any other experience you have with the MOX. I saw you perform with your Motif before. I’d be interested in your input on the differences.

Cheers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2013 @ 09:18 AM
mshamp88
Joined  05-29-2012

Another question, if you please. Does the interface on MOXF allow usage of Karma Motif? Sounds like the best of both worlds if it’s compatible.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2013 @ 09:21 AM
mshamp88
Joined  05-29-2012

I wish I could have thought of all this in one post, but I have another question. I see some postings in other forums about being able to use an iPad with the MOXF to make up for the small, non-color screen. Is this possible and if so, what accessories are required?

Thanks guys...I hope that’s the last of my questions for a while. Though I may have more once I get my hands on it! ;-)

Cheers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2013 @ 09:37 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Please contact Stephen Kay at KarmaLabs He announced he was working on KARMA for MOX, which would lead you to believe that the MOXF is not far behind.

Stephen writes the code and will be the best to answer all questions concerning the Karma functionality and when it will happen.

I wish I could have thought of all this in one post, but I have another question. I see some postings in other forums about being able to use an iPad with the MOXF to make up for the small, non-color screen. Is this possible and if so, what accessories are required?

Yes, the MOXF works with several of the Yamaha Apps.

MULTI EDITOR ESSENTIAL v1.4.0
PERFORMANCE EDITOR ESSENTIAL v1.4.0
VOICE EDITOR ESSENTIAL 1.4.0

Of course, many of the others work with anything MIDI, but the above apps have a MOXF specific setup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2013 @ 09:48 AM
mshamp88
Joined  05-29-2012

Perfect...thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2013 @ 11:05 AM
mshamp88
Joined  05-29-2012

So, thanks in large measure to all the great help I received on the forum here, last week I ordered my MOXF8! Still a couple weeks out for order fulfillment, but I am really excited!

Anyone know where I can find a home for my Nord Stage 2 Compact?? ;-)

Thanks for all the help, Guys. Keep up the great support. I’m looking forward to the arrival of my new Baby!

Cheers!

Mark

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2013 @ 03:52 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010
mshamp88 - 05 November 2013 11:05 AM

So, thanks in large measure to all the great help I received on the forum here, last week I ordered my MOXF8! Still a couple weeks out for order fulfillment, but I am really excited!

Anyone know where I can find a home for my Nord Stage 2 Compact?? ;-)

I think the best home for your NS2 is right above your new MOXF8! Really, I think that’s a great combination. The Nord adds the clonewheel organ, VA synth, and an organ/synth action with aftertouch… almost exactly filling in the “gaps” in what the MOXF8 will be best for (basically, everything else, though piano might be a tough call). It’s not cheap, but for a lightweight pair of boards to cover everything, it’s hard to get better than that.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ just making sure before purchasing moxf
Next Topic:

moxf kit building question ››