mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Q re Arp slot and selecting pre banks"

Posted on: November 05, 2013 @ 08:58 AM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013

On the MOXf I notice an arp slot #6 although it seems on pretty much all the performances it does not appear to be used. Is it there to add another user arp or for some other purpose?

Second q is regarding the selecting of factory preset banks..

Let us say I am in Pre bank 9, is there a way to select a specific bank by using the alpha/numeric buttons, or is the only way to increment/decrement using the Bank Select buttons?

It seems a bit fiddly if this is the case, as one needs to press the button several times to get from Pre bank 9 to pre bank 1 for example. Not good for quick selection on stage.

EDIT: I just found that I can HOLD the button and it “speed” moves between banks, but a direct number entry would be good too :)

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2013 @ 09:53 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

On the MOXf I notice an arp slot #6 although it seems on pretty much all the performances it does not appear to be used. Is it there to add another user arp or for some other purpose?

Yes. You can either add one from the existing library or create your own.

Let us say I am in Pre bank 9, is there a way to select a specific bank by using the alpha/numeric buttons, or is the only way to increment/decrement using the Bank Select buttons?

Add the [SHIFT] button functions to your arsenal of navigation tools. To move rapidly between banks use [SHIFT]+[BANK SELECT DEC/INC]

PRESET 1 > USR 1 > PDR > UDR > etc

If you are in USER 3, you can get to PRESET 1 by [SHIFT]+ [BANK SELECT DEC]. You can be in any of the PRESET Voice banks, [SHIFT]+[BANK SELECT INC] and you move to USER 1 immediately.

Also you want to know that [SHIFT]+[INC/YES] or [SHIFT]+[DEC/NO] moves by +/-10 units. [SHIFT] + [DATA WHEEL] = rapid movement as well.

It seems a bit fiddly if this is the case, as one needs to press the button several times to get from Pre bank 9 to pre bank 1 for example. Not good for quick selection on stage.

For on stage, you want to invest time in learning the MASTER mode. This allows you to organize your personal programs in a single bank that you can simply increment through. A MASTER program allows you to recall any internal program (from any of the other modes) and to also setup as many as four ZONES via MIDI. There are 128 of these Master setups for organizing your stage thing. You don’t want to be jumping around the front panel while on stage.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2013 @ 09:59 AM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013

Thank you BM, that clarifies it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ A question about Flash Card and user banks
Next Topic:

Is wireless available on the MOXF? ››