mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I label (list) favorites???"

Posted on: November 04, 2013 @ 11:43 AM
johnnypro
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-01-2013

Hi,
JP here and brand new to my MX49 and this forum. I have an MOX8 and there is a favorites list which is how I set up the patches I use for gigs. How do I do this on the MX49?? The manual doesn’t mention this at all. It’s a great little keyboard: I’m probably gonna leave it home and get an MX61 for gigging, but maybe not.

Thanx in advance. JP

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2013 @ 12:20 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The architectures of the MOX-series and the MX-series is different. We are sure you mean you have Favorite Voices, and Favorite Performances (as “Patches” on the MOX are only found in the PATTERN mode sequencer > [F4] PATCH). The FAVORITE CATEGORY allows you to select a Favorite sound in each Category when selecting programs via the front panel buttons.

What you will do in the MX, which is always in PERFORMANCE mode, is place your Favorite Voices on each of the 16 buttons of the current PERFORMANCE:
Call up a PERFORMANCE 001-128, you do so with the PERFORMANCE SELECT button lit. Basically, with the MX you are always playing a:
SINGLE - means PART 1
LAYER - means PART 1 and 2 across the keyboard
SPLIT - means PART 1 and 2 split on the keyboard
RHYTHM - means PART 10

Press the [PART SELECT] button (far right front panel)
Now the Buttons [1]-[16] reveal what is assigned to each PART. Select a different PART within this PERFORMANCE… place your Favorite sound on each button [1]-[16] you can switch seamless between these sounds at any time the PART SELECT button is lit.

As you highlight a PART, it button lights, you can use the UP/DOWN CURSOR to move the highlight in the screen to select CATEGORY, then VOICE NUMBER, etc. Learn to navigate with the UP/DOWN cursor (not the LEFT/RIGHT cursor)… so that you can assign your Favorite Voice to the buttons of this PERFORMANCE (PARTS 1 and 2) might be combined by the LAYER or SPLIT buttons, the RHYTHM PART may be accessing Drums from PART 10… but the other PARTS 3-9, and 11-16 are yours to customize as your “local Favorites” to go with this PERFORMANCE.

Each of your 128 PERFORMANCE can recall 16 of your Favorite Voices on the PART SELECT buttons [1]-[16]. In actual, use you may need several sounds in a particular composition while performing on stage.

Place them together in a PERFORMANCE as you require. If you are using the VYCRO MX PERFORMANCE Editor you can even setup so you are triggering multiple sounds on a single MIDI channel as you require.
(MIDI Channel can be edited only with the PERFORMANCE EDITOR).

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2013 @ 04:43 AM
johnnypro
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-01-2013

So if I save the 16 patches I use in a show to a Performance, then I can access them during a show, even thru MIDI?? I would be using the MX on top of my MOX8 midi-ed. Or would I have to save them in the patch with the same midi channel.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Any User performances out there?
Next Topic:

5/4 Drum Beat ››