mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Routing EZ drummer into Cubase 6-to use next week in studio"

Posted on: October 23, 2013 @ 01:25 PM
kmart
Total Posts:  87
Joined  09-25-2010

I am frustrated. I have looked at the fourteen page manual for ezd and I have watched many videos online. I am trying to hear the tracks in ezd so I can save them. So far I went to devices>vst>ezd>multichannel>vst rt arrow.This rt arrow puts a track for each percussion in ezd in Cubase. I still don’t hear anything.I can not save what I can not hear.
EZD instruction say that it routes automatically but I am missing something. Please direct me to what I am missing? I need to understand this. I have had this vst since 12-12. It is time for me to get over the hurdls of how to use it. The engineer uses it also. I don’t want to go there ignorant when it comes to ezd.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2013 @ 01:54 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Who makes EZ DRUMMER?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2013 @ 01:57 PM
kmart
Joined  09-25-2010

Toontrack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2013 @ 05:29 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi kmart,

There are two ways of using EZD,

An ‘everything to stereo’ instance and a ‘multi output’ instance.

The default stereo instance just routes all your drums (actually virtual mics) out of one stereo instrument track and you can mix them using the mixer built in to the EZD plug in itself.

From your post, i didn’t quite understand what you meant by “Save” but I’m assuming you are interested in having each drum mic and therefore drum routed out of the plugin on to separate tracks of their own in cubase just like a normal drum mix would be, so you can process them all individually with dynamic and fx plug ins from cubase?

EZD in fact does not route itself by default but it is set in such a way that you only have to make a few choices to connect each drum mic (and drum) to it’s own output which can then go to a cubase channel.  It leaves you to switch multi output on and make the final choices of what goes where basically.

This is done in cubase by selecting the plug in on its instrument track, clicking the output icon which looks like a > and then choosing a function called “activate all outputs” it should then route all drum mics out of the plug in and in to a stack of separate cubase tracks.

You can then choose which drums go to which track on the output tabs at the bottom of each channel from within the mixer inside the EZD plug in.

For example Kick output to 1, snare top to 2, snare bottom to 3, and as you play it back you will notice the drums start to work through the cubase channels and when you reach the last output on the right and set it, they should ALL be working that way, then you are done.

Kick may only ever be allowed on output 1 (if i recall correctly) and all midi data stays on the original instrument track.

Here is a useful video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noGmbRvSBjM

hope that helps,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2013 @ 12:01 PM
kmart
Joined  09-25-2010

Thank you very much. I will try that and get back to you about how that worked.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase Recording Question
Next Topic:

Track recorder and/or sequencer Ipad ››