mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Logic Pro X released"

Posted on: July 16, 2013 @ 08:59 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Price remains $200, with Mainstage 3 an extra $30. Available now.

Details here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2013 @ 08:21 AM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

Thanks!  Has anyone purchased Logic Pro X yet?  It looks like it got very positive reviews.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2013 @ 11:03 AM
nchrist
Total Posts:  457
Joined  07-10-2009

I have used it. It is excellent application with some auto-accompaniment features (you can now create performance tracks with multiple layers and session drummer tracks with pre-existing drum loops). It seems to be merging professional Logic and instant-gratification Garageband features together. The new analog-modelling synth sounds pretty gratifying. The interface has improved overall, including the marker window at the top and arrangement of the tracks overall.

The only disappointment is I can’t run 32 bit AU’s anymore: have to wait for updates from the manufacturers. Also, I have to wait for all my hardware manufacturers to create compatible editors, etc. which may take some time. Still, the upgrade is worth it.

Make sure you have Mountain Lion OS - Logic X won’t work otherwise.

Now who wants my $500.00 Logic Studio? :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2013 @ 07:12 AM
troycarpenter
Total Posts:  12
Joined  01-23-2010

I bought it as soon as it was released. I think it is pretty amazing. Its has a great arpeggiator that can do more most if you dig deep. I love the midi effects section added to the channel strip. There is a pretty cool drummer track which has quite a few demos on YouTube. What i saw nobody mention was if you right click this drummer generated content you can convert to midi. Some people think it is “dummed down” but no way. Its better than ever and a price that will force the competition to rethink there game plan, Flex editing with pitch etc. Best on the market. Only thing missing for me was a chord track as you have in Cubase 7. There is a transpose track and you can select which tracks do and donot transpose, so its getting there. I am still messing with it but first impression are great. All my Symphobia, EastWest, Kontact, MachFive, Toontrack, patches work. Only lost a few that don’t YET support 64bit and as there were older I did not really use them. For those who are not drummers like me, the drummer track is a God send.

Well worth the $199 or 179euros in my case. Shame there is no upgrade from Logic 9 as I bought the Studio version at $499. Logic X you get to download the 30gb of sample content… Bargain.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2013 @ 02:49 PM
omar17166
Total Posts:  150
Joined  11-18-2011

Hi!
I own Logic Studio which contains Logic Pro 8, and I know that some years later a Logic Pro 9 was released too. I’m not really sure how this works, but does Logic Pro X replace the total Studio? Does Pro X work on its own, or do I need to purchase some extra components? How about the libraries, apple loops, etc? I do not think I can use existing components from the Studio since they’re not compatible with Mountain Lion! And how about the instruments/plugins and Garageband etc.
Another thing, how about the maunals? Studio/8 came with around a 1000 pages of manuals! Are they online manuals now?

Thanks for any help!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Issues with selecting voices from MOX6 in Logic Pro 9
Next Topic:

Logic Pro X and MOX8 ››