mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES Rack Performance Arps are too fast!"

Posted on: August 16, 2013 @ 08:54 AM
mega
Total Posts:  22
Joined  12-08-2010

Something I noticed with my Motif ES Rack...it seems that the Arps in the Performances are too fast!  I have set it to Midi Sync internal.  I have played similar Performances on the S90 ES with Midi Sync set to internal and the tempos there are reasonable and appropriate for each Performance.  But with the Motif ES Rack the tempos are all invariably extremely fast.  Can someone tell me some settings that will help?  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2013 @ 09:24 AM
mega
Joined  12-08-2010

After researching the user manual, I did find that the ASB controller sets the Arp Tempo.  So I was able to slow the Performance Arp to a better tempo so that is good.  But my question still remains as to why I can leave the AS2 controller setting at the default value of 0 and get reasonable Arp tempos for all Performances in the S90ES but the ASB default setting of 0 gives really too fast Arp tempos for all the Performances in the Motif ES Rack.  I am trying to determine if hopefully just a fixed ASB value will fix the problem or if I have to figure out a different appropriate ASB value for each Performance which would be a pain.  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2013 @ 11:06 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

There could be several reasons (depending on what you are connected to)

Find the parameter called UNIT MULTIPLY, as the name implies, you can have the arp play “double time” (50%), or “half time” (200%) of the set tempo? When UNIT MULTIPLY= 100% the arp will run at the set tempo.

An improper setting that causes a MIDI loop can cause the tempo of things to double.

We don’t have enough information about what you are doing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2013 @ 03:45 AM
mega
Joined  12-08-2010

Hi...thanks for the reply...I checked the UNIT MULTIPLY and it is set to 100% so the Arp tempo should be normal, but it is still sounds very fast.  All I am trying to do is play the Performance presets without having to adjust for the Arps playing so fast.  I am not sure if any possible MIDI loop would have any impact when I set the MIDI Sync to Internal not MIDI so shouldn’t it ignore the MIDI loop for Arp tempos?  So far the workarounds I have found is to lower the ASB controller value with the MID Sync set to Internal or to set the MIDI Sync to MIDI and set the Sequencer tempo to 100 or 120, but I don’t want to have to guess what the original Arp tempo should be of each Performance preset which is a pain.  Thanks for any further suggestions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2013 @ 04:24 AM
mega
Joined  12-08-2010

Hi...actually I now looked inside one of the Performance presets like 80sSynths and the S90ES has an internal Arp Tempo of 131 while the Motif ES Rack has an Arp Tempo of 152 for the same preset.  In fact, the S90ES Arp Tempo varies appropriately for each Performance preset while the Motif ES Rack has Arp Tempos of 152 for all Performance presets!  No wonder why it sounds so fast!  Should I do a factory reset on the Motif ES Rack or something to try and get back all the appropriate Arp tempos for the Performance presets?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2013 @ 08:12 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Since all PERFORMANCES are USER memory, you can store whatever tempo you deem appropriate.

A Factory Set will restore all user settings to the factory new condition. If you have any settings you want to keep, back them up first.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2013 @ 09:21 PM
mega
Joined  12-08-2010

Hi...yeah a factory reset (after backing things up) did the trick!  I got the rack second hand so I am not sure what kind of settings the previous owner did to get all Arp tempos to be 152 but now after the factory reset the Arp tempos vary appropriately for each Performance preset, and they all sound good.  Boy I learned a lot in the process just by noticing that all the Performances seemed fast.  Thanks for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Velocity Issues
Next Topic:

Yamaha Motif Rack ES for sale great condition ››