mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Invert"

Posted on: August 11, 2013 @ 01:00 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

One feature I enjoy is the invert feature, especially with split layers.  Having some operator errors here tho…

I have a simple Organ - Piano split.  The display has the organ on top (which is right hand) and Piano is lower display for left hand

When I press SHIFT - SPLIT the display order is reversed, but the keys remain unchanged.  Still piano on lower and organ on upper half.  Not sure what I’m missing here.  Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of this function?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2013 @ 04:59 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Works great here. Try again. What else is going on? INVERT ([SHIFT]+[SPLIT]) swaps PARTS 1 and 2.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2013 @ 05:50 PM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008

Is my understanding of this function flawed?  I see the parts swapped on the display. 
Part one is piano.  It’s note range is the lower half of keyboard for left hand. 
Part two is organ. Note range is upper half of keyboard for right hand.

When I inverted parts one and two, I expected the piano to now be in the upper range/right hand use ( and reverse for organ ).  But key assignments remained the same. 

I mean all I have to do is change the voice assignments to have it the way I described above, but that’s what I thought invert was for.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2013 @ 05:55 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What else is going on in your setup? You are playing on the MX’s keys, correct?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2013 @ 05:18 AM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008
Bad_Mister - 11 August 2013 05:55 PM

What else is going on in your setup? You are playing on the MX’s keys, correct?

I guess i earned that remark.  yeah.....its the MX.  i’ll try initializing another performance or two to see if i can duplicate.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Installing VYCRO MX
Next Topic:

question about rhythm patterns ››