mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Vycro Effects"

Posted on: August 05, 2013 @ 04:46 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

The gentleman who posted right before me jarred my memory of a problem I had with vycro and editing.  He was using it to tweak the voice effects.  This is where I’m doing something wrong.

I understand the “PUT” button is inferred because changes made in vycros should take effect automatically on the MX, correct?

I was just experimenting with the vintage74 EP voice.  While tapping a chord, I turned off the reverb and chorus effects in vycro. 

I also played around with other effects but there was no discernible difference in the sound I hear.  I did not save anything because I didn’t hear any changes occurring to the voice as I manipulated variables on the computer.  I’m certainly missing an obvious step but can’t get it on my own.

appreciate your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2013 @ 05:16 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have to ask because, well, you don’t say, what PART number are you editing, and what PART number are you playing?

It is possible to be editing the screen but physically playing the MX keyboard communicating with a different PART, you may only think you are editing the PART. Not saying that is what you are doing but it is a possibility.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2013 @ 05:51 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

understood, my bad for leaving out needed info.

I’m trying to edit part one.....  i have the vintage74 EP assigned to part 1 and i had that one highlighted on vycro and was playing part one in real time when i was making the changes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2013 @ 05:24 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Navigate to the parameter you are controlling in the MX front panel. Change the parameter with VycroMX… Whether or not you hear it is between you and your ears, but see what your eyes say about the parameters changing when you change them in the Editor.

Call up your Performance
Press [PART SELECT]
Select Part [1]
Press the DOWN CURSOR arrow several times to select the CHORUS SEND parameter

Move the CHORUS SEND in the VycroMX for Part 1
See what your eyes report.

If they say it is changing, then they, in this case, will overrule your ears (which for whatever reason are failing you)

:-)

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MX61 Inserts in Performance
Next Topic:

MX61 Modulation wheel inconsistency ››