mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Another….(Excuse Me)… “How To Record Audio from XF8 to DAW” Question"

Posted on: August 03, 2013 @ 11:30 AM
mivey4
Total Posts:  79
Joined  12-02-2011

Ok,

I don’t want to beat a dead horse and if that’s what it seems to be then please pardon my ignorance. But last year I posted a question on how to go about getting Vocals from my Line in on the XF8 to my DAW.

This question was answered with great depth and elaborate detail by Bad_Mister. I respectively acknowledge the sharing of the knowledge which provided unprecedented insight for some aspects of the XF8 for which I was unaware. The response(s) facilitated greatly in acquiring a better understanding of how the machine is wired and I’ve moved forward since that time to accomplish a lot.

BUT.....I am again at a potential mental block for a question that I’ve found some answer to which was posted by another user sometime after mine.

So, I am after a simple Yes or No if that is possible for this question.

In short, I have concluded that the FW16 is capable of transferring 16 “tracks” of MIDI Data to and from the XF8. (I’ve done it.... I know it works)

I’ve also concluded that the FW16 is capable of transferring Audio Content over assignable busses. (I have also done this via the Mic Input on the XF8 to my DAW via an assigned FW Audio Bus. (I’ve done this and .... I know it works as well) And although I haven’t recorded any Instruments using this method, I would imagine it would work as well going through the Line In jack.

But is there not anyway to assign the Audio Data that is triggered via the MIDI data to the Audio Busses of the FW16 for transferring to the DAW? Yes Or No.

So far, the only response that I’ve seen suggests it is not possible because the reply was to mixdown the Audio from the XF8 to a USB drive and then play it back in the DAW for recording.

And if thats the answer, then what would be possible configurations that would benefit from having those 16 Audio Busses over Firewire? It would be nice to have some diagrams for applicable use and implementation of the FW16 to illustrate ways that it may be used. Maybe that would answer many questions.

HELP!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2013 @ 11:35 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

But is there not anyway to assign the Audio Data that is triggered via the MIDI data to the Audio Busses of the FW16 for transferring to the DAW? Yes Or No.

Yes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2013 @ 11:47 AM
mivey4
Total Posts:  79
Joined  12-02-2011

Ok....
And that “Yes” is without the purchase of any other gear? Using “ONLY” the XF8, FW16 and the supported DAW?

If yes is the answer to this as well, could you please point me to the appropriate documentation or link to accomplish this.

If No is the answer, I can figure it out the necessary gear required for myself.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2013 @ 05:43 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Ok....
And that “Yes” is without the purchase of any other gear? Using “ONLY” the XF8, FW16 and the supported DAW?

The answer is still yes. You will need speakers and/or headphones in order to hear, but assume you know that… And the appropriate cables.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Today is a sad day... :(
Next Topic:

Yamaha n8 and Cubase ››