mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Velocity Issues"

Posted on: July 30, 2013 @ 10:13 AM
jabrile
Total Posts:  8
Joined  07-30-2013

Hi there,

I can’t adjust the velocity on my Motif rack ES...the drum kits, the patches, etc...all sound to the maximum when I play on my MIDI controller...I know it is not the settings in the midi controller because when I use it with my Roland Fantom XR I have no problems at all.

Thanks for the help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2013 @ 10:33 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the Forums!

I can’t adjust the velocity on my Motif rack ES...the drum kits, the patches, etc...all sound to the maximum when I play on my MIDI controller...I know it is not the settings in the midi controller because when I use it with my Roland Fantom XR I have no problems at all.

Well there is no way to globally turn off velocity sensitivity in the Rack ES.

So you should test the Motif Rack ES by playing back a sequence or with another controller so you can convince yourself that it is indeed your MIDI controller.

Velocity is SENT by a controller (keyboard, drum pad, or other) or by a MIDI track of a sequencer. The only time the Rack generates velocity, and this is a unique case in the Rack ES because, is when its built-in arpeggiator is outputting MIDI data… Arpeggios can send velocity data. Otherwise rack modules receive only, they don’t send much of anything out but sound in response to either a keyboard controller or sequencer tracks.

Each USER Voice in the Rack ES can be programmed as to its velocity sensitivity. Each drum within a drum kit can be programmed as well. But it is unlikely all programs would have been redone this way… Not on purpose, not by mistake.

Care to tell us which drum kit?
How about the pianos ... Are they also without velocity response?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2013 @ 10:39 AM
jabrile
Joined  07-30-2013

Thanks for your quick reply, Bad Mister.

The drum kit I was trying out was the Jazz Kit...but it doesn’t matter...the velocity doesn’t work for any sound...all sounds sound alike.

I’ve been trying to adjust the velocity of each soudn invidulally on the Motif rack, but I don’t get any results.

I’m using a Novation XStation...I changed the velocity curve but I still have the same problem...And as I told you before, I have experienced no problem with my Roland Fantom XR.

Thanks again,

Juan
Montreal, Canada

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2013 @ 12:43 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m using a Novation XStation...I changed the velocity curve but I still have the same problem...And as I told you before, I have experienced no problem with my Roland Fantom XR.

Sorry this is the first I’m hearing about an XStation… So your saying now, that the Roland Fantom responds to velocity but your Motif Rack ES does not…

What about via a MIDI sequence?
How are you connected to the Rack ES?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2013 @ 05:58 PM
jabrile
Joined  07-30-2013

Sensei… the problem was rigjht in front of my stupid eyes.... Stevie Wonder would’ve noticed it!

I hook the Motif to an MPC 1000… and it just so happens that I presed the Full Level control on the MPC… That was it.

I really appreciate your concern and willingness to help.

Cheers, mate.

Juan from Montreal

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2013 @ 02:36 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

No, problem. It’s just that you were so sure it was the Rack ES and although anything can break, it is impossible to break in that manner… And I was just as sure it was not the Rack ES. Glad you got it sorted!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Rack ES for sale
Next Topic:

Motif ES Rack Performance Arps are too fast! ››