mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Silent Keys"

Posted on: July 18, 2013 @ 04:28 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Not enough of a data base on the forum to search for this, and i didn’t see in manual.

I’m using vrcro to set up performances and came across a puzzler. I’m editing the #7 Perf titled FUNK IT
rather than initialize i just wanted to changes parameters and rename, which I did.
However, the keybed from F2 and down have no output.  I basically made a flute piano split (at G3)

I checked midi page (both voices are midi channel 1)
Note range is set accurately.  I actualy have the entire board open for the piano voice (which is the lower split voice)
I tried other voices but there continues to be no sound from F2 down.  All is fine in other performances.

even after i disconnect PC and restart the MX, it still persists.  I’ll keep looking for whatever is going on.  The part 1-2 link button is lit but i don’t see a connection there.

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2013 @ 07:59 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When you edit an existing Performance be prepared to inherit some programming from the existing Setup.

The Voices involved in the Performance “Funk it!”
A guitar Voice “Baby” - which is set so that it plays normally above C3 when you touch the keyboard.
This Voice also responds to one of the ARPEGGIATORs when you voice a chord in the lower portion of the keyboard. This is possible because the KEY MODE is set to “sort+direct”; Arp note range for this Part is between C-2 through B2 above that it plays normally.

A bass Voice “Slap Bass” - which is played by an arpeggio KEY MODE is “sort”; This voice only responds to the second arpeggiator.

The drum Voice (Part10) plays a Rhythm Pattern set Key On Start.

So when you begin programming or reprogramming you will discover that there are two NOTE range parameters that influence the sound. The PART Note range which determines what notes will produce sound, and then there is the ARPs Note range which determine what notes are used to control the arpeggio pattern.

As you can tell from this Performance this can be quite complex. The Guitar in PART 1 is sorting notes via the arpeggiator from chords played in the left hand (B2 and below) and yet plays normally to the key presses in the right hand. This is one of the tricks you can do with the arpeggios and Note range settings.

The Note Range settings found under the VycroMX Editor button with that name .. Is the PARTs Note Range - this is the range of notes you will hear make sound

The Note range found under the ARP1 and ARP2 buttons in the software is the range of notes that will control the arp. Notice just the left hand chords influence the guitar rhythm while the same Voice is playing directly to the key presses in the right hand.

“Sort + Direct” is an advanced arpeggio KEY MODE that sorts some notes via the arpeggio and allows others to sound the tone engine directly. In this case, Note range is used to determine which keys are controlling the arp and which keys are directly playing the tone generator.

We are note sure what reprogramming you did or if you want to control arps in the same fashion, but that is what is going on in that Performance.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Organizing performances
Next Topic:

12/8 time signature ››