mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can store control knob settings for a voice as a new user voice?"

Posted on: June 26, 2013 @ 08:01 PM
mr5x5
Total Posts:  37
Joined  05-04-2013

Took guitar voice #65 “Light Blues” and by making simple adjustments to the control knobs for decay and sustain, I created a really nice pedal steel sound. Can I store this as a user voice? Seems like a no brainer that I should be able to do that but I can’t figure out how. I’m sure I will want to use it in more than 1 performance setup so I’d like to have as part of my user voice bank.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2013 @ 01:28 AM
KostasT
Total Posts:  90
Joined  04-06-2013

Of course you can store an edited voice with all its parameters (like decay and sustain values) as a user voice and then use it in your performances. I am afraid the procedure is not very user friendly. You have to follow the instructions in MX Owner’s manual page 33. Practically, after making your Part (Voice) Edits, you have to reach part edit menu 8 where you give a new voice name and then you are able to store it to a new user memory location. If you store the performance without saving the parts, all voice edits are lost. For a more user friendly procedure, I recommend using a third party software editor, like John Melas MX tools (unfortunately Yamaha does not provide a free full voice/performance editor/librarian)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2013 @ 06:29 AM
mr5x5
Joined  05-04-2013

Thanks! It’s not difficult at all, just not very intuitive.

Since the source voice was in the [Guitar] category, the User voice now shows up in that category. Is there an option to move the user voice to a different category from the source voice?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2013 @ 07:55 AM
KostasT
Total Posts:  90
Joined  04-06-2013

In part (voice) edit menu 8, you can select both the new voice name and with another scroll down the voice category that the new voice belongs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2013 @ 12:45 PM
mr5x5
Joined  05-04-2013

Thanks, again! I will have to look more around carefully in that menu. I’m a little spoiled by an old Roland synth that I had been using previous to this. It’s way too limited for what I want to do now but the functions and menu navigation on it are so easy, I rarely needed the manual. I guess that’s the trade-off.  I wish the MX manual was more user friendly but manuals never are. It’s actually still better than most.

[ Ignore ]