mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to install MM6 midi????"

Posted on: June 22, 2013 @ 01:47 AM
feat9
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-22-2013

Hello there,

I would like to know if anybody could help me out........i have a USB MIDI cable and i connect it with my mm6 and PC...and when i’m installing um3123x86 driver......it shows a “ Error 25001.No device is connected.Connect a device, and try again...........” what should i do? I’m using a Windows xp sp2..I’m already followed the instructions on how to installed the driver.......and My PC can detect my USB midi, as it shows a “Found New hardware” on bottom right on my computer screen ( in-line with computer clock icon ) any expert or know how out there....?? Pls help....thanks…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2013 @ 03:49 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

We are not sure when you say you have a USB MIDI cable.

You need a regular USB cable. Yes it will be carrying MIDI data, but it is simply not clear if you have some kind of cable with 5-pins on one end and the USB connector on the other.

Connect the TO HOST port of the MM6 to your computer by a standard USB cable.
In the MM you want to go to UTILITY mode, and find the MIDI settings… Set MIDI IN/OUT = USB

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2013 @ 04:21 AM
feat9
Joined  06-22-2013

I’m using a regular USB MIDI cable which has a 5 pin at one point and a usb port at the other end....i could find a Midi setting that you mention in your post....i can only find a LOCAL>ON , EXTERNEL CLOCK>ON , KEYBOARD OUT> ON , PATTERN OUT> ON. I STILL I still cant installed it......it shows Error 20051 message

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2013 @ 06:38 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

feat9,

Although they are sometimes called “USB MIDI cables” what you have is a USB MIDI interface that is built into a cable. Many of these are of questionable quality.

You don’t need to use this, simply use a standard USB cable to connect your MM to your PC as Bad Mister described above. The um3123x86 driver is meant for this connection, that is why you are getting an error.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2013 @ 07:09 AM
feat9
Joined  06-22-2013

Can you please describe a little bit about a midi usb interface and usb cable?
What i have in hands is something look like this.( please see picture ) is it a right MIDI cable? if it was the wrong one...can you please tell me which cable should i use? Thanks.

Image Attachments
usb midi.jpeg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2013 @ 11:55 AM
talmuzic
Total Posts:  8
Joined  04-16-2007

that’s a midi interface for a keyboard that doesn’t have the USB interface built in. you just need a regular USB cable to work with your MM6. install the driver as instructed.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ USING MM6 WITH SONAR
Next Topic:

MM8 Keys ››