mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Data Well to change tone"

Posted on: June 09, 2013 @ 01:39 AM
Eraques Neto
Total Posts:  12
Joined  11-06-2009

I bought a Yamaha MX61 recently and I’m enjoying it a lot, but there’s one thing I’m finding strange. I can not change the sounds by the wheel, only the buttons inc and dec. When turning the wheel, it modifies the sound category, and not the sounds. I wonder what is going on? You can modify the sounds for the wheel?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2013 @ 03:08 AM
Synthetic
Total Posts:  11
Joined  04-29-2013

That doesn’t sound right but I could be wrong. I don’t remember anything in the manuals mentioning it changing categories. When in performance mode though, it will switch categories to what ever the part 1 voice is in.

I checked in the settings to see if it could be changed to operate differently but I didn’t find anything that would help. Have you tried doing a factory reset? It may fix it but you will be losing any saved performances, customized voices and utility settings back to defaults.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 16, 2013 @ 09:53 AM
AlKal
Total Posts:  198
Joined  11-23-2004

I assume you are talking about selecting Voices (not Performances). It depends on where the cursor is: If the cursor is under category then either the data wheel of +/- buttons will change the category. If the cursor is under the voice name, then the voice will be changed. You use the up/down arrows to move the cursor wherever you want.

Btw, when in Performance mode, you can use the Shift key in conjunction with a category button to quickly jump to a particular bank (A-H) and/or a specific performance within that bank. Again this depends on where the cursor is when you use the Shift key

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Output update
Next Topic:

I am a Motif Rookie... ››