mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AN Expert Editor communication issues"

Posted on: May 31, 2013 @ 11:25 AM
gecko_tx
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-08-2013

Hello,
I’m new to this great forum. I just picked up a Motif6 Classic with AN board and I’m having a blast with it. I have spent many hours reading through manuals and old threads and learning a lot. The only problem so far is I’m having no luck with using the AN Expert Editor to edit and transfer voices. My computer is running XP and I’m using the USB MIDI and AN Editor 1.2.2.

The Motif Voice Editor works great, so I know there is MIDI communication happening. Anyway the problem is this: I cannot do a bulk dump to or from the AN card. I can open a patch in the AN editor software, tweak the settings on screen, and the changes are heard on the Motif.  However if I try to do a store and then bulk transfer, nothing happens.  I do not get a timeout error, it just sits there and does nothing and no messages are shown on the Motif screen. I have it set to use Port 1 just like the Motif Editor. I have tried changing to Port 2 also.  It must be communicating at some level because it is transmitting the on screen changes to the Motif.  I’m stumped as to what else to try. I would like to be able to use the editor to do some deep tweaking of the board, but I’m about to give up. It makes no sense why the Motif Editor would bulk transfer fine but not the AN Editor. I must be missing a setting somewhere.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Dale

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2013 @ 12:48 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Although it may appear nothing happened unless you look in the correct bank you may not find the data that bulked from the Editor to the PLG150-AN.

The Voices created in the AN EXPERT EDITOR are called BOARD Voices, and arrive specifically in Bank 036/002 of the PLG150-AN.

These Board Voices can be accessed as an Element when making a program for you host product (the Motif), when you use a Board Voice and create a Motif program it is called a PLUG-IN Voice.

A PLUG-IN Voice is a Voice created with a PLG150-series BOARD voice acting as the Voice Element. You can apply Motif controllers and Effects to the Board Voice, and now it can be recalled as a playable Voice, same as any internal Voice. The difference is instead of a samples as the waveform source, the PLG Board Voice in bank 036/002 is the Element.

Please see this article for how to navigate the PLG150-AN
http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/PLG150AN_Motif.pdf

(Note: the article is very old - please do not expect the links referred to in the article to still work… But the rest of the information is good)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2013 @ 05:54 AM
gecko_tx
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-08-2013

Thanks, Bad Mister for the quick reply.  I will play around with it some more.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Running PLG editors under Window 8
Next Topic:

PLG Board question. ››