mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "instrument definition file for MX49/61"

Posted on: December 19, 2012 @ 08:35 PM
zincshed
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-19-2012

Greetings
I have run a mm6 keyboard for about 3 years as a sound source for Sonar 7. I now intend to replace it with a MX49 that I have just bought.

I have not been able to find a .ins file for this keyboard so I have started to put one together. It is heavy going and things don’t seem to work as expected but I will keep at it. If anyone has such a file or is working on one I would be very eager to hear from them.
Roger

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2012 @ 02:00 PM
zincshed
Joined  12-19-2012

Thankfully I can cut and paste the voice names from the PDF file of the manual into a text file. That’s a lot of names.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2013 @ 12:08 PM
SJMoran1982
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-22-2013

Hi,

I’ve had no luck searching for this file. I wish yamaha would add it to the support site. I’ll keep hoping they do. I really like my mx just wish I could use with sonar to its full capability.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2013 @ 02:55 PM
Ben P
Total Posts:  26
Joined  04-20-2013

I don’t understand why this isn’t done yet.
I suppose it is related to the alliance they have with Steinberg, but they should release an Ins def for every major DAW. That’s the minimum.

And release a full Voice editor asap !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2013 @ 08:10 AM
SJMoran1982
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-22-2013

Yamaha must have people that can knock these files up in hours or even software to do it for them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2013 @ 07:13 AM
zincshed
Joined  12-19-2012

Some progress on the file thanks to help from SJMoran. Drums still need sorting out. The PDF manual for the MX does not list MSB, LSB and PC for the drum kits!! This info is necessary for the file (my manual for the mm6 has all this info but of course this does not apply to the MX). Come on Yamaha your help is needed here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2013 @ 09:26 PM
Ben P
Total Posts:  26
Joined  04-20-2013

Go to this site.
This is the MX Tools software by John Melas.
It contains exactly what you need and more.
The Voice librarian tool can download all of your performances and voices user voices etc… and then export into a Sonar instrument definition !
The voice editor has a tons of features, really worth the money.

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle.php

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Problem solved!
Next Topic:

Control Field Not Opening - Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 1.6.4 ››