mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Local control off note C1 volume cc issue"

Posted on: February 26, 2013 @ 06:23 AM
tony higgins
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-23-2008

Any help would be appreciated !

When local control is switched to off on my xf8, the note C1 only triggers when i use a note on value higher than 74 ( 74-127) , does anyone know what setting would cause this in logic . When i play the note softly (0-73) the midi inspector window registers the event as C1 off (no note on value can be seen)

Just done a test in the event editor which shows as follows
If i record a midi event in logic sequencer using C1 the event editor does not register any event unless i use values above 74.
When using a higher value than 74 i can then see the event in the event editor , if i then change the volume value it plays the note irrespective of what value i change it to,

Would this be a logic issue or a yamaha xf 8 issue

My setup is Xf 8 with logic 9.1.8
Many thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2013 @ 03:48 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When local control is switched to off on my xf8, the note C1 only triggers when i use a note on value higher than 74 ( 74-127) , does anyone know what setting would cause this in logic .

When LOCAL CONTROL is switched OFF, it is impossible for the KEY C1 to trigger anything internally in your Motif XF8, sorry. If it is triggering something it is due to improper routing of the MIDI signal.

This includes: MIDI is sent OUT via USB-MIDI, mLAN_MIDI or 5-pin MIDI (depending on how you have the MIDI IN/OUT parameter set). And it arrives in your software where you must be echoing it back to the Motif XF8. LOCAL CONTROL OFF breaks all connection between the internal XF keyboard and the internal XF tone engine. So your error is in MIDI routing.

Also possible is that you have USB-MIDI or mLAN-MIDI setup so that REMOTE messages (normally isolated on PORT 2) mixed in with your musical data (normally isolated on PORT 1) - this can cause all manner of odd results.

But either way it is a MIDI routing issue. Hope that helps you track it down.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Play Midi from Logic 9 to XF8 HELP ME
Next Topic:

Logic 9 vs Cubase 7 vs Cubase 5.1.1 AI ››