mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Logic 9 vs Cubase 7 vs Cubase 5.1.1 AI"

Posted on: March 18, 2013 @ 09:52 AM
rdianetti
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-18-2013

Hello

I have an MOX8, and the Cubase 5.1.1 AI which came with it.  It doesn’t seem to like my 10.8 OS software so I’m considering upgrading to Cubase 7.  Now, I’m happy with Logic 9 but haven’t set it up with the MOX8.  What kind of control from the MOX8 controls can I expect from Cubase that won’t be able to be set up on Logic 9?  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2013 @ 05:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums!

What kind of control from the MOX8 controls can I expect from Cubase that won’t be able to be set up on Logic 9?

The question is better approached from the other direction. What do you want to do?

Pick your DAW based on it doing what you need it to do. The one thing that the Yamaha products have with Steinberg software is the integration of the audio and MIDI functions, the fact that Editor for MOX can actually run inside of Cubase as a VST3 compatible device. What this means, simply is all the settings, Voices, routing functions will automatically be saved when you save the Cubase Project file (.CPR).

If you run a DAW that is not VST3 compatible, you simply run the Editor standalone (as a separate program), this means you click on its icon, it runs along side your DAW, you must save it’s files separately. So they both do the same functions - one is integrated into the computer, the other works more software here, hardware over there, when you think of storing or backing up the sequencer data versus the tone generator data.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Local control off note C1 volume cc issue
Next Topic:

Song select command from Logic ››