mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Aftertouch on the s90xs?"

Posted on: March 02, 2013 @ 01:59 AM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

I have just briefly read up on aftertouch and now know what it does...so here is my question to s90sx owners. Do you feel there are many sounds on the s90xs that benefit from having aftertouch? Juggling between a decision with the s90xs and mox8 so all input much appreciated. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2013 @ 10:04 AM
mm6
Total Posts:  182
Joined  11-16-2008

I am also considering between the MOX8 and S90XS.  In my location, the S90 is 50% more expensive. 

If you have tried on both types of keybeds, you would notice the difference between the MOX and S90XS key, meaning GHS vs BH.  BH plays as well as the GH and GH3 keys which are on high end models.  GHS is an entry level weighted key found on lower end keyboards, like DGX, lower P series and MM8.

Turn off the volume and play on GHS keys and you will notice that the keys are abit more noisy than BH keys.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2013 @ 10:06 AM
mm6
Total Posts:  182
Joined  11-16-2008

On aftertouch, it seems that aftertouch is offered only on higher end keyboards, regardless of brand.  That’s an indication on the level the keyboard is pitched at.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ No s70xs in OZ anymore?!?
Next Topic:

Navigation on the S90XS ››