mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Successor to s90xs …. S90 xf"

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 10:38 AM
mm6
Total Posts:  182
Joined  11-16-2008

Great news guys.  I went to a local music store and was told s90xs stocks have been cleared and no new stocks are coming in.

This means there is a chance that the s90xs successor is on the way.  I guess it will be announced at the next music roadshow.

What do you think the new features will be?

Larger screen.  Touch screen. Color display. CFX sound.  Increased ROM.  Wooden keys.  Some of CP1’s sonic power.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 10:40 AM
mm6
Joined  11-16-2008

Or s stripped down version of motif xf.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 11:31 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

It means nothing of the sort. Stop making up and starting false rumors. Please call that store and tell them they are as wrong as you are. Yikes!

The S90 XS and S70 XS are and continue to be current products. Where did you hear this ? Care to tell us? I’d like to talk to this store! Perhaps they, that store in particular is getting out of the pro synth market, don’t interpret that as anything more than that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 12:30 PM
Johnnyack
Total Posts:  27
Joined  09-28-2012

Good Job Bad_Mister.... I love my S90XS and I can’t see Yamaha disconntinuing it any time in the near future.  The board blasts any Korg or Roland out there for on stage performers.  Just can’t stand “rumor runners”.... My guess is the store in question wont be in the synth market long ... 
Ack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 12:40 PM
mm6
Joined  11-16-2008

The store is the official yamaha dealer in my region.  The salesperson even told me that MOX is kind of a successor to the S90XS, which even I, as a layperson, know that it is not the case. 

I have tried on both the S90XS abd MOX8.  MOX looks very attractive because of the high quality specs and the relatively low price point.

I make use of the arpg functions alot because they really make you sound very professional, even with very simplistic and amateurish skills.  Provides alot of inspiration for covers and new compositions.

But I find the S90 much easier to navigate compared to the MOX.  I must admit I have not read both manuals comprehensively, though I have browsed thru them briefly.

Intuitively, I was able to control the S90 more than I could on the MOX.  I believe all the arpg functions are there on the MOX, just that you need to find the right buttons to press and in the right sequence.  S90 layout and key labelling makes it more inituitive and easy to control.

I feel compelled to get an S90 for myself, even at its higher price point compared to the MOX.  Coz I probably would not need the recording functions on the MOX anyway.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S90XS Master help
Next Topic:

Asked for quote but told discontinued! ››